Friday, June 29, 2007

How Much Should I Give?

Lately I have been wondering how much should I give (not necessarily in monetary form but basically anything part of me I could offer) when I would like to help someone I care. I am the sort who would give my all (if I have the means to) but I do not know whether that is too much for the party I am trying to assist.

Sometimes I get suspicious reactions; sometimes I get snubbed; sometimes I get vibes from the person that what I am doing is wrong.

Many times I held back what I want to do for someone because just as much as I would like to help, I also do not wish to stumble the other party. Then again when I hold back, I feel lousy and sad that I get negative reactions for something positive that I am trying to offer.

Well, I guess that is the mystery and struggle I have to accept but I will still try to help my siblings-in-Christ, friends and sometimes strangers. May God's name be glorified in this.

My left knee is hurting badly since I was at the Youth Ministry Worship Team rehearsal. I cannot stand properly now and it gives a sharp pain when I try to straighten my left leg. Sigh. Another physical struggle I have to go through - when will it ever stop?

Anyway, I am wearing the knee brace - hopefully the condition will improve tomorrow. So be it if it does not. I shall not let this affect me - I have enough of all these nonsense for now.

It has been a long day. I was out to Sim Lim Square to buy two external hard-drives for my Pastor-in-charge; a mouse for a sister-in-Christ; to collect an international warranty card for my dear friend (I had to do so by today as the friend who was issuing me the card had to leave for an overseas trip tonight); to also buy from him a screen protector for the new camera I redeemed yesterday; to buy a SD memory card for a dear brother-in-Christ and also to check out a PDA pouch that he is looking for (I could not find it though).

Anyway, praise the Lord I managed to get most of the above items. I am tired. Just prayed with my parents. Grandma was already asleep when I came home. Mum is not feeling too well today as in she has been feeling giddy - her rashes are acting up badly too.

Well, no matter how the day has been - thanks be to my God Almighty for sustaining me; for continually teaching me to adapt to life; for His grace in allowing me to handle the various matters of my family, ministries and my life; and for His mercy in giving me the chance to go through yet another day of adventure.

"To man belong the plans of the heart, but from the LORD comes the reply of the tongue. All a man's ways seem innocent to him, but motives are weighed by the LORD. Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed." Proverbs 16:1-3

"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander. It is better, if it is God's will, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil."
1 Peter 3:15-17

No comments: