Friday, June 08, 2007

Two Become One

I went for my driving lesson this morning. After that I went to book my test-date - it will be on Monday, 5 November 2007. Wow! Never imagined myself coming to this stage again. Anyway, whether I pass or not, I shall not be too bothered by them.

I headed for town next to meet two friends - I got to know both of them when we attended a counselling course a couple of years ago. Both of them are getting married early next year and they have asked me to be their wedding-planner. This particular one is quite stressful because they want me to plan everything for them. I am usually more pressured in this kind of request but I shall give of my best and take it as a challenge.

It is wonderful that they have finally decided to tie the knot. When one of them was interested in the other party, he was worried about the age-gap (8 years difference). Eventually they decided to give it a shot in the courtship and the Lord directed them accordingly from then on. They prayed together quite often, continually seeking the Lord in where their relationship should go and how He can use them in reaching out to the troubled teens. I guess in their desire to honour God, He has honoured them in return with this commitment to live their lives together.

I always rejoice and thank God for seeing how He led couples from one party being interested in another; to courtship; and then to marriage. That is why whenever I am asked to be their wedding-planner or simply playing a role in their marriage, I would gladly agree as it is a celebration of love and also an avenue to worship God together.

Well, I have eight months to do the planning and all. It should be enough. I really need the Lord to guide me in this.

I went for a walk along Orchard Road as I was feeling quite cold in the cafe we were at. Basically headed for church next.

In exactly 4 months and 27 days, I shall update as to whether I passed or failed my driving test.

"Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything. Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. After all, no one ever hated his own body, but he feeds and cares for it, just as Christ does the church — for we are members of his body. "For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh." This is a profound mystery—but I am talking about Christ and the church. However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband." Ephesians 5:22-33

No comments: