Monday, June 04, 2007

Finding Peace In Trials

I have been in church the whole day. I have been multi-tasking but productivity level has not great because I am thinking about mum's medical report which will be released tomorrow morning.

I have been trying to finish two books that I am reading to aid me in the preparations for the Youth Ministry (YM) Spiritual Retreat workshops. Managed to finish one book but there is another which I hope I can complete by this week.

I am leading worship this Sunday for service but my mind is a total blank as to what songs to sing. I tried my best to concentrate but could not.

I am in the midst of reformatting my old notebook and downloading softwares and updating them accordingly. Once in while there are some hiccups because certain procedures were missed out. Thanks be to God He prompted me once in a while as to what else I could do and right now, all system is running smoothly.

I hope I can get this done by today so that I can pass the computer to my dear friend. I hope she will use it to the fullest especially when she leaves overseas for her studies.

Like I said my mind is just pre-occupied with what is to happen tomorrow. I really have no idea. I guess in times like this I can only pray and trust that the Lord will take control of everything and prompt me accordingly.

I also am concerned for my parents as to how they are feeling now. I hope the Lord will give them peace as they await for the result. I have not broken the news to grandma yet. I shall wait till tomorrow when I have heard from the doctor and decide then how to inform her.

I shall take some time after this to speak to God about my burdens. I really need His peace at this time.

Well, these are my thoughts for the moment.

Thanks be to God for everything.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7

No comments: