Saturday, June 09, 2007

Seek Reconciliation Always!

This morning grandma spoke with mum and sought her forgiveness for what she had done in the past as in the area of her cursing and swearing. It was humble of grandma to do that and I respect her courage and determination to make right what went wrong several years ago. I hope this is the beginning of the healing process.

I went marketing after waking up at 7am. I just finished cooking some of mum and grandma's favourite dishes - for grandma it was her fried baby squids with dark soya sauce and chilli; for mum it was fried oyster omelette. I also cooked dad's favourite of steam pomfret with plum and salted vegetable and bro's stir-fried asparagus with oyster sauce. We had a good meal together. Thanks be to God for that.

I did not sleep well the whole of this morning. I am feeling tired still but I am sure the Lord will be able to pull me through this day. In a while's time I will be meeting the helpers for the Youth Ministry Spiritual Retreat - I hope we will all have a refreshing time together in fellowship as we hike up Bukit Timah Hill.

I shall end here for now.

"Good and upright is the LORD; therefore he instructs sinners in his ways. He guides the humble in what is right and teaches them his way." Psalm 25:8-9

"Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble. Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult, but with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing. For, "Whoever would love life and see good days must keep his tongue from evil and his lips from deceitful speech. He must turn from evil and do good; he must seek peace and pursue it. For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their prayer, but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil." 1 Peter 3:8-12

No comments: