Tuesday, June 05, 2007

God's Plan Is Always Good

I just arrived church. The medical report has confirmed mum has cervical cancer Stage 1A. No surgery is needed currently but she has to undergo radiotherapy treatment commencing next week.

I went to the Botanic Gardens to spend some time with God after my parents left for home. Well, I still do not know what my feelings really are towards this news I received in the morning.

I guess it is a mixed feeling within me. On one hand I am thankful that it is the early stage of the disease; on the other hand, I do not know whether just radiotherapy treatment would eradicate the problem once and for all.

Anyway, I gave thanks to God for everything though sometimes I must admit it is tough to do so. I am again reminded to leave what is ahead to God. He knows best. So far I have seen His hands in this whole episode - from the fall mum had which led me to bring her for a complete medical check-up; to the time I spent with God last week where He told me to release my childish thoughts and actions; to the word of assurance given to me by a dear brother who hardly knows me; to the support given to me by my siblings-in-Christ and friends.

Truly God is good. Sometimes I did question Him why my life is always ridden with so many setbacks and failures but I guess He knows best. As I reflect on all these, He has never once disappointed me. He has always been there for me. He has also provided more than what I need.

Thanks be to God for that. Well, a dear friend messaged me this morning to remind me that God alone knows what is best for everyone. What she said made sense.

I just got a call from the scholarship department that I have pulled through the second interview and I have one last one to go. I do not know whether I should pull out from this because I am almost certain that I do not wish to leave this year for my studies if I am granted the scholarship. I have family and church matters to deal with first. I have not been thinking much about this because of mum's medical condition. I have yet to enquire whether I can defer my studies if I pull through the third interview. I guess I will find out first and if I am not allowed to defer then I shall voluntarily pull myself out of this. It may sound like a waste but to me, my family and church come first.

Having another qualification is good for my job future as in advancement and better pay packet but do I need more of these when currently I am comfortable with what I have. Well, these are just thoughts running in my mind. I shall seek the Lord in this.

I shall end here for now.

Thanks and glory be to God.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you." Jeremiah 29:11-12

No comments: