Thursday, June 28, 2007

God Answers Prayers In All Situations

I just came home from a time of shopping with my dear friend. Though it was only for a couple of hours, I thank God that we were able to buy most of the things in her shopping list. I am glad that she likes the items she bought and I felt that they look great on her.

I do not know whether some may think I am taking this a little too far but when it comes to activities like shopping, we should also pray that God would help us find good deals and at the same time buy the things we like.

This morning I asked the Lord to help my friend and I in our shopping and guess what? We managed to buy two nice items at a reasonable price. Initially we saw one winter jacket at Vivocity but my friend did not really like the colour, which I agreed. We kept in view that piece and headed to Suntec City and thanks be to God, we found two nice jackets of different designs and climate purposes and both pieces cost slightly more than the one jacket we did not really fancy. :)

In the early afternoon before I met my friend, I needed to go and redeem a camera. For the past few days I have been looking at different models but did not really like them as they did not have the specifications I wanted. This morning I found one model which was quite okay and when I enquired about it, I was told that I could redeem another better model with an extra charge imposed. Since the amount was minimal, I gladly took up that offer. I am pleased with that camera and again I know it was through the grace of God that He prompted me to wait and today I finally found one I like.

Yesterday I also prayed about another shopping trip I needed to do with a sister-in-Christ for a dear brother-in-Christ's 21st birthday party. Though we walked around for almost 6 hours or so, we managed to find a few nice items for him. We did not plan to meet initially but when this sister called to ask whether I would like to shop with her for the presents, I immediately uttered a word of prayer for the Lord to guide us and provide for us. Surely He did and I was happy with our purchases.

Well, whether I am taking this a little too far or not, still the Lord answered my prayers and I guess that matters most! Our God answers prayers in all situations - I thought this is a good reminder for us all.

All thanks and praise to God!

"And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints." Ephesians 6:18

No comments: