Friday, June 01, 2007

Fellowship Is Refreshing

I met my accountability group just now. Though I was quite tired and another brother is busy preparing for a camp for the Boy's Brigade later, I am glad that we still dragged ourselves to meet.

Sometimes the human body has the inertia to carry out the plans for the day but the fact that we still overcome it and do things like meeting up to account one's life to another is really refreshing.

For me it was beneficial. For the past few days, I have been drained physically, mentally and emotionally by the problems faced at home and in my own life. Sometimes I feel that God has been unfair for making me go through one problem after another. But being in fellowship with other siblings-in-Christ made me realised that I am not the only one facing the struggles of life. Listening to my brothers sharing their problems allowed me to be aware that we are all in the same boat, going through the same journey of life. In accounting all these to one another, I have the assurance and peace that I am not going through life alone. Thanks be to God for that.

I just met a doctor-friend where we discussed about mum's medical situation. He is the third doctor to suggest removing the womb as it would minimise the probability of the problem surfacing again in future. This has given me the peace that God is using these persons to allow me to make a more informed decision as to the next step to take when the medical report is released next Tuesday.

I am now at Coffee Bean in Suntec City. I hope to spend some time here blogging and also reading a book to aid me in my preparations for the Youth Ministry (YM) Retreat. I am not really focused in this because of the recent spades of incidents. It is my prayer that the Lord will still equip and guide me accordingly.

I shall stop here for now.

"Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body, and since we have a great priest over the house of God, let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching." Hebrews 10:19-25

No comments: