Sunday, June 17, 2007

Lift My Burdens, Lord!

I just came home from a sister-in-Christ's birthday get-together. I was actually very tired but I am thankful to God for sustaining me till now. I hope I can rest sufficiently the whole of tonight. I was hoping to sleep in tomorrow morning but have to go back campus for a meeting at 8:30am.

Throughout the whole of the gathering, though I was tired, I was troubled for a sister-in-Christ. I will not disclose much but I received a nudging to speak to her about something that is going on in her life. I hate confrontations and I do not know whether I am the appropriate person to do so since I am a guy. I guess I will take the next few days to seek the Lord in this and hope He will provide a way out for me.

I was sharing with the youths during the retreat that when the Lord prompts us to encourage or help another sibling-in-Christ in need, we should act upon it without hesitation. I guess I need to apply this in my own life. Many times I know I should be doing something for a brother or sister but I did not - again, I really do not like confrontations. I guess if I love my brother or sister, I should put aside any reservations and just do it for that sibling-in-Christ's sake.

Anyway, I guess I will keep her in prayer first. I do not know why but lately my heart has been very burdened and heavy. As much as I could, I have been surrendering to God my anxieties and concerns but still there is not much of a peace in my heart. Have I not been doing something right? I really am clueless.

Well, perhaps there is something for me to learn here but I do not know what exactly the lesson is. Hopefully the Lord will reveal it to me someday.

Just spoke to mum - glad she and dad had a fruitful time together when they went to MacRitchie for a walk.

I shall end here. Thanks be to God for sustaining me throughout the whole of last week. What is ahead for this week I am not too sure but I shall react to the circumstances accordingly. May the Lord be my help.

"The LORD is my light and my salvation — whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life — of whom shall I be afraid? One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple. For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle and set me high upon a rock. My heart says of you, "Seek his face!" Your face, LORD, I will seek. Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD." Psalm 29:1, 4-5, 8 & 14

1 comment:

KJP said...

When confronted with such a situation I often will pray the Lord will show me an older wise woman in the church and then see if she will be willing to either accompany me to speak with the lady in question or do the whole thing herself (hope-hope!).

He never fails to find the perfect people for the perfect situation have the discussion...... And sometimes, in retrospect, I was the right person and never knew this at the time.