Monday, June 04, 2007

Firm Foundation

It is already past midnight. I am actually quite sleepy but I want to blog for a while. A short one though.

Anyway, I shared in my last blog about how God gave me a message on standing firm through a dear brother at the conference. Well, yesterday morning when I joined the Youth Ministry Mentors (YMMs) for a time of prayer, a sister was also sharing on the same message. I believe this is really something that God wants me to learn during this period.

Frankly, I agree fully that I need to stand firm in some areas of my life. Though I have been a Christian for 22 years already and I am now a 35 year-old man, there are parts of my life that I am still struggling with and not taking the effort to firm up my thoughts and understanding. Because of that I have either stumbled others with my words/actions or have not really been effective in the way I minister. This links with the lesson I was taught not too long ago about putting away some of the childish things in my life.

Well, I guess it is time to really grow up and let my "yes" by "yes" and my "no" be "no" to the values I have learnt all these years. This focus on values was brought up in the conference I attended and I will share this point in due time when I blog about what I have learnt from the speaker.

A dear friend read my blog and when I chatted with her in the church office, she could guess correctly who that brother was. I did not really ask how she did that but I basically looked at her in amazement when she mentioned his name.

Anyway, may the Lord lead and guide me as I continue to seek Him in the revelations He made to me through others.

I had a meeting in the afternoon. After that in the early evening I accompanied two younger sisters-in-Christ to Sim Lim Square to buy a notebook. We thank God for the good deal. We had dinner next in Cathay Building and then it was off to Starbucks to try out the new machine and also to do some configurations to it. I had a great time of fellowship with these two siblings-in-Christ.

Okie, I am really very sleepy. A new week of uncertainties and challenges await me. I know some areas will not be easy for me to handle and there probably may have some tough decisions to be made regarding mum. May the Lord prompt me accordingly and may I have the discernment to do so. I pray I will go through the next few days of my pilgrim's journey with joy.

Thanks be to God for everything!

"Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say? I will show you what he is like who comes to me and hears my words and puts them into practice. He is like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock. When a flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was well built. But the one who hears my words and does not put them into practice is like a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation. The moment the torrent struck that house, it collapsed and its destruction was complete." Luke 6:46-49

No comments: