Saturday, June 09, 2007

The Friendship Factor

Another 9 more minutes and my birthday will come to pass. On this day I want to give thanks to God for many things. But in this blog today, I want to thank generally for the family and friends who have sent me their birthday greetings and gifts. I would like to write more but I am too tired to do so tonight.

Okay, here goes:-

1) My Almighty God, who is also my Heavenly Father - for giving me life and everyone and everything I have now;

2) My parents - for bringing me up as best as you could to make me to be who I am now and also for your "ang-pows";

3) My grandma - for taking care of me since I was a baby when my parents had to work and for teaching me about the values of life and also for your "ang-pow";

4) My blood brother, Alvin - for your birthday wishes;

5) My God-parents - for calling me early in the morning to send me your birthday greetings from New York. For giving me one of the best gifts ever - something not based on monetary value but on its quality. By that, I meant your prayers for mum's full recovery. I still have a lot of catching up to do with her and I hope the Lord will prolong her life;

6) Lynn - for also giving me the best gift ever, not about a physical one but a present that is based on quality. By that, I meant one thing that you offered to do for me on this special day God has given me. I will think about it and let you know soon. For passing me your laptop bag and also the treat at Hog's Breath Cafe with Alphonsus. For always offering your listening ears when necessary;

6) Alphonsus - for the treat at Hog's Breath Cafe;

7) Steven - for calling me early in the morning to send me your birthday greetings from London. For giving me a gift that I need during this period. For always being such a dear brother;

8) Bertha - for sending me your birthday greetings early in the morning via sms;

9) My God-sis (Vanessa) - for sending me your birthday greetings early in the morning via sms and asking me to buy an apartment since I am eligible now. Sorry, Mei, if Kor has not been a wonderful God-bro to you;

10) Valerie - for sending me your birthday greetings along with your sister;

11) My God-daughter - for your simple but yet meaningful birthday greetings via sms this morning;

12) Kai Ming - for your sms birthday greetings as well and also being such a dear accountability partner for the past two years;

13) Eugenia - for your sms birthday greetings and also lending me your listening ears occasionally;

14) May Lynn - for your sms birthday greetings;

15) Chris (Lynn's friend and also my friend now) - for surprising me with your birthday greetings. I asked you a stupid question as to how you got to know about my birthday when the answer was so obvious;

16) Andrew, Serene and Gabriel - for singing me a birthday song this morning over the phone when you people woke up. For the wonderful dinner at Hog's Breath Cafe this evening;

17) The rugby gang - too many of you to do so by name but you know who you are. Thanks for the voucher and also the group cheer;

18) Michael - for calling this morning to send me your birthday greetings and for being such a dear army buddy all these years. For saving my life during an accident in one of our missions;

19) Tze-Yang, Wee Wei, Sean, Sharon, Choon Huat, Ann, Amy, Peter, Jane, Kelvin, Marjorie, Caitlyn and Brandon - for singing me a birthday song last Saturday during the gathering. For the many years of friendship through running faithfully almost every Sunday;

20) Kim Soon - for sending me your birthday greetings before you left for China on a one-year work stint;

21) Cheryl - for sending your birthday greetings via MSN. I am still waiting for my present;

22) Joseph and Charlene - for giving me a lunch treat yesterday and also for trusting your wedding plans into my hands.

I hope I did not miss out any one. Please forgive me if I did.

I truly thank God for giving me all these wonderful people. I will hold their blessings close to my heart and hope I will be a faithful friend to them all.

May the Lord continue to build our bonds of friendship - that we will always strive to build each other up and not tear one another down. Do forgive me if I have failed as a friend or a family member in the past - bear with me as I press on to be a better friend or family member to all of you.

Thanks be to God for this day!

"My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." John 15:12-13

No comments: