Monday, June 18, 2007

Thanks Be To God!

I met a dear friend for dinner and I enjoyed myself tremendously. It was a memorable time and the most meaningful and unique of all the birthday celebrations I have ever had.

As I left the planning to her, she decided to buy some food (sushies and roasted spring chicken) from Carrefour and then head to the Sky Garden of Suntec City for a picnic. I felt bad for spoiling her plan though. We met by coincidence when we were walking on opposite directions of the shopping centre.

No matter what, I appreciate her effort and thought. I cherished the time of fellowship with her especially, knowing that in a couple of weeks, she will be leaving for her studies overseas. Just as much as I am happy that she has been given a chance to go to another country to experience a whole new chapter in her life, I am also sad that her friends and I will miss her for the next two years.

Well, I guess this is where I thank God for technologies - though she may be far away, she can still be near as we correspond via the internet or phone.

We started and ended off the moment spent together praying for one another. I am glad we did that as it is always good to have God in the midst of our fellowship. :)

I praise the Lord for giving me such a dear friend! She has been and will always be great blessing.

I also want to thank God for a dear brother-in-Christ who just received a scholarship grant from a bank for his undergraduate studies, commencing this August. I rejoiced with him when he called in the evening to inform me about it. Praise the Lord! It is my prayer that this brother will always remember God's goodness in his life and that he will give of his best for God's glory.

Tomorrow is the final interview for my scholarship application. No matter what the outcome is, I thank God for allowing me to go through this experience. I will give my best and the rest I will leave it to Him. I guess He knows what is best for my life.

Okie, I shall try to sleep early so that I will have all the energy to concentrate during the interview.

"This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us." 1 John 4:10-12

No comments: