Monday, June 11, 2007

God Refreshes!

I just came back from a meeting with my team for the Youth Ministry (YM) Spiritual Retreat workshops. We did not schedule this in advance because it slipped my mind after the last one we had. Thanks be to God that though it was a last-minute call for all to attend, every one could make it.

We were also able to finalise the various responsibilities that each team member is to hold. I also thank God that we are now clearer of what we are trying to achieve. Well, the rest is up to the Lord to use us as we speak forth His Word to the youths on Friday. May He minister to us all in His divine ways!

I am very encouraged by the commitment of my team members. All of them always try their very best to attend the meetings though they are busy or could have used the time to do other things. I praise the Lord for each and every one of them: Esther, Xinnie, Xiaoxuan and Wilson. :)

I was in church since noon after I was done with my driving lesson. I took some time to seek the Lord in the lesson-preparation for the first workshop on "Listening to God." When I was on my way to church, I was still pondering on the approach to this topic. Well, as always and as gracious as He has been, I was able to complete the lesson. I may need to fine-tune it but overall the idea was there. Glory be to God! I was quite drained after I was done but it was well worth it as I learnt a lot as I prepared.

In the midst of the above-mentioned, I got a call from one of the mission team members that two tickets were issued wrongly as in the time of departure. Instead of leaving in the evening, they were scheduled in the morning. I was surprised myself when I got the news.

Before I called the ticketing agent, I said a short prayer. The agent went to pursue the matter after that. A while later I got a call that there were many seats available for the return flight - that means the two members should not have a problem coming home. Thanks be to God for His hand in this as I am sure the team was anxious about it.

Well, so much for that. I got a few other people to thank for their birthday greetings and gifts:-

34) Jill - for coming over to church to pass me an Adidas All Blacks carrying bag. I really like it. I will start using it soon. :)

35) Kenneth Tan - for sending your greetings via the sms.

36) Timothy - for sending me your greetings over the sms and promising to give me a treat the next time we meet. Thank you in advance for that.

37) Sean Say - for sending me your greetings over the sms when you were encouraging me about my mum's medical condition.

Well, I always thank God for giving me all these friends. They truly made my day especially at times when I am down and out.

On my way home, I messaged a dear friend to ask her about the Girls' Brigade camp that she is conducting now. Before that I prayed for the Lord to sustain her physically. When she replied my sms, she told me that she is very tired because the past few days she has not been sleeping much. I pray the Lord will refresh her body tonight and that she will be rejuvenated when she wakes up tomorrow.

I shall end here. I am very exhausted.

"I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint." Jeremiah 31:25

No comments: