Saturday, June 16, 2007

A Quiet Time With God

I just finished preparing for tomorrow's Youth Ministry (YM) teaching session. Praise the Lord! I had wanted to do the lesson-plan last night but after a day at the YM Spiritual Retreat, I was too drained to do so.

I want to thank God for the retreat and for all who attended. I believe every one has been ministered by God in one way or another. I also praise the Lord for guiding my team and I in conducting the workshops - all went as smoothly as they could. I will not share the details as they have now come to pass and all glory goes to our God Almighty!

I enjoyed the silent retreat most - we started from around 10pm last night till this afternoon, just after lunch. As I knew there was this silent moment with the Lord, I went to this retreat with two areas of my life that I need to seek the Lord about.

Well, I am not saying I have very clear directions but they were rather positive. I even had dreams last night related to these two aspects. I hope in time to come, He will reveal and confirm with me His will. I also need God to give me discernment so that I can hear and understand Him more clearly. I hope I will be able to obey Him wherever He wants me to go and whatever He wants me to do.

I was hoping the retreat could have been three days and two nights as it would then give every one more opportunities to not only listening to God but encouraging one another to put to practice what we had learnt.

Anyway, no matter what it is, thanks be to God for the time spent with Him and all my siblings-in-Christ.

I was just contemplating on one thing which I kind of regretted doing - I feel bad for not following the youths back to church in the bus. Instead I hitched a ride from a brother-in-Christ. The reason I had at that time was I needed to go home early so that I could prepare for tomorrow's lesson and also to spend time with my family since both mum and grandma have not been well.

Though the above reason was valid I felt my responsibility as an older sibling should be that of taking care of the needs of my younger brothers and sisters first than mine. Well, it has been done. I hope I will not repeat this. It is not a matter of right or wrong - just that being me, I felt I should have done what I felt above.

Anyway, I shall end here. My eyelids are so heavy now.

Well, praise the Lord for everything!

"But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:33-34

No comments: