Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Moments With My God

I am now in Ngee Ann City Coffee Bean - I was doing some reading and decided to take a break from that and do a bit of blogging now. It has been a wet day today but it is good it poured as the past few days have been very hot and humid.

I decided to go out to spend some time on my own. Sometimes staying at home for too long and having to do the many things that have been crying out to me may not really be healthy to the mind. Catching a breather elsewhere can be refreshing.

Tomorrow will be mum's first treatment. I am quite worried for her actually - I hope the radiotherapy will not have an adverse effect on her body. May the Lord strengthen her from here on and I pray she will not suffer too much. I spent some time with her in prayer before I went out.

When we were in the hospital just now for a check-up to ensure she will be fit to undergo the procedures, I asked her about her thoughts. Mum said she is as okay as she can be. She is still clinging on to my favourite verses of Philippians 4:6-7. Truly, I seek for the Lord's peace to be upon her as she places her trust in Him.

Grandma followed us to the hospital. I thought it was a good idea for her to go along. I felt it was appropriate for her to see the place and also to hear from the doctor herself that the chances of mum's recovery are high. Well, I could see her spirit being lifted up after we left the consultation room.

I intended to prepare for the Youth Ministry (YM) Spiritual Retreat second workshop but I thought I shall give myself a break and not always keep doing. I shall take this day to be refreshed by the Lord in doing as little as possible. I trust that tomorrow He will give me the insights to prepare more productively.

I was corresponding with a dear friend's sister over the sms just now. She forwarded me a sms she received from her friend and I found it very encouraging. It also served as a reminder for me. The sms reads...

"If God brings you to it,
He will bring you through it.
Happy moments, praise God;
Difficult moments, seek God;
Quiet moments, worship God;
Painful moments, trust God;
Every moment, thank God."

Well, I shall praise, seek, worship, trust and thank God today.

Alright, time to stop here for now. I shall carry on with my reading. If there are more thoughts, I shall blog again.

"One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple. For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle and set me high upon a rock. My heart says of you, "Seek his face!" Your face, LORD, I will seek. Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD." Psalm 27:4-5, 8 & 14

No comments: