Thursday, June 14, 2007

Following God's Heartbeat

A friend called me after she read my blog today and shared with me about her discouragements in ministry. She was my ex-coursemate in university and is currently involved in youth work at her church.

She was telling me that though sometimes she feels like giving up helping her younger siblings-in-Christ, she knows deep down she must not. Some of them turned their backs on her after she had done so much in their lives. She was just wondering what is the point of putting in so much effort in somone's life when what she gets in return are disappointments. I know she is not expecting recognition but I think it is a mature and right thing for one to repay another's kindness.

I am glad she is pressing on despite of all these setbacks. I guess this is part and parcel of ministry. Well, if the person whom we are trying to minister chooses to go without any gratitude in his heart then so be it - so long as his life has been ministered through our effort (with God's guidance), I guess we can only praise God and let Him take care of the person from there on.

Well, tomorrow is the Youth Ministry (YM) Spiritual Retreat. All the helpers have prayed and put in their best to prepare for this retreat. It is my prayer the Lord will prepare the way and also the hearts of all who will be attending. I was hoping for more to come but they chose not to - I pray for them that God will also minister to them wherever they will be on Friday and Saturday. I will miss them at the camp.

I am praying for a breakthrough in every life attending - youths and leaders alike. I hope this will be the platform for YM to step forward and be a powerful ministry in meeting the needs of the youths in the church and in reaching out to those outside church. I pray YM will be a community of believers whose hearts beat after that of God's.

I also hope the Lord will use me as I share His Word at the workshops and that He will use my team members to make an impact in the lives of the youths. I am burdened but I shall avail myself as an instrument for the Lord to use accordingly.

I guess that is all. I may not be able to blog for the next two days but I will surely write again when I come back from the retreat - hopefully to share countless testimonies of how the Lord has worked in every one's life.

Till then, the Lord bless and keep you all!

"Let us, therefore, make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one will fall by following their example of disobedience. For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart." Hebrews 4:11-12

No comments: