Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Who Is My Neighbour?

I have been running around today trying to get some stuff for my God-sister's birthday. Thank God at the last minute I managed to buy all I needed. She was busy to meet up with me so I decided to care/of her present to her sister at Yio Chu Kang MRT Station.

I felt bad for making her wait at the station as I had to detour to Tan Tock Seng Hospital to ask a doctor-friend to quickly help me change my dressing. While I was running around, I did not notice my sling-bag was actually rubbing against the surgical wound. I felt the damp-ness and realised it was bleeding. As I was wearing white, I had no choice but to call my friend for help. I also did not want my wound to be infected if I were to delay treatment for it.

Praise the Lord everything was settled in double-quick time and off I took the train to meet my God-sister's sister.

After passing the present to her, I decided to go home as I felt a little light-headed.

Well, thanks be to God I am better now. I do not know why lately I am always so thirsty. I have been drinking lots and lots of water. Just feel very dehydrated all the time.

Anyway, this afternoon while I was in Dhoby Ghaut MRT Station changing from the North-East Line to the North-South Line, four lower secondary school students from a well-known school were running around playing catching.

As I was going up the escalator I saw one of them tripped and he landed quite hard on his face and he did not get up immediately. I quickly rushed down to see whether he was okay. Well, he was not - he sustained a chipped front tooth and I think he sprained his left arm too.

I wanted to bring him to the Station Control to have the staff treat his injuries but he refused. I guess he was afraid that he might be reprimanded by the duty officers. Anyway, his life was not in danger but before I left, I chided all four of them. I also told the injured boy to keep his front tooth to see whether the dentist can do anything about it. It is for sure he will have to do crowning for that affected tooth.

To a certain extent, I felt bad for not doing anything when I saw them running around. I was telling myself maybe I should go and tell them not to play in the station but I decided to mind my own business.

The above incident kind of woke my idea up as lately I was telling myself I should care less about people in general. In the end, the boy got injured.

Anyway, I walked the dog in the evening and prayed for my God-sister and a few other people.

I shall try to rest early tonight. I have not been having sufficient sleep for some time already. But still, I thank the Lord for sustaining me through.

"On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. "Teacher," he asked, "what must I do to inherit eternal life?" "What is written in the Law?" he replied. "How do you read it?" He answered: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'" "You have answered correctly," Jesus replied. "Do this and you will live." But he wanted to justify himself, so he asked Jesus, "And who is my neighbor?" In reply Jesus said: "A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he fell into the hands of robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead. A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side. So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, took him to an inn and took care of him. The next day he took out two silver coins and gave them to the innkeeper. 'Look after him,' he said, 'and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.' "Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?" The expert in the law replied, "The one who had mercy on him." Jesus told him, "Go and do likewise." Luke 10:25-37

No comments: