Friday, March 16, 2007

Restoring The Joy In Me

I went for my medical review this morning. The doctor informed me that the surgical wound is a little infected and I was given an injection. The part where my ulcer used to be is healing well though there is still a bit of bleeding. I praise the Lord also that my throat is getting better.

My mum was with me at the hospital. After that we went to Lucky Plaza where I needed to buy some perfumes for my friends. I thank the Lord for the good deals.

We went to Heeren next where I checked out some stuff for my God-sister’s birthday, which is coming very soon. I needed to get some ideas first before finalizing my decision. It was here a dear friend of mine called to inform me that she had actually bought the perfume for her friend’s birthday.

I told her I would have hers exchanged for something else. I was actually thinking of buying a bottle myself as mine is running out soon. I went back to Lucky Plaza to have the perfume changed while my mum shopped at Heeren. I topped up a couple of dollars to try a new scent called Polo Black.

I decided to get something different as I was once encouraged to try other brands to add varieties. I did see the point and hence this new cologne.

After checking out some shops in Heeren, we proceeded on to Parco Bugis Junction as I needed to do a favour for the same friend who called me about the perfume. She asked me whether my mum and I were heading towards that shopping mall by any chance. She elaborated that she likes a cross pendant she saw at a jewellery shop there and was wondering whether I could do her a favour by buying the pendant. I told my friend it was no problem at all as I do not wish it to be sold out if she were to buy it another day.

It took me a while to locate the pendant because my friend told me the wrong price for it. I saw one which is very nice and I kind of guessed it was what my friend wanted. I called her and after describing the design, she confirmed that it was that piece.

My mum agreed it was nice. I concurred that and felt the cross would look very good on my friend when she wears it. We managed to get a discount as well. Praise the Lord.

I bought dinner for my dear friend and myself before heading to church. We both ate at The Plaza. She had Teriyaki Eel with Rice while I had a bowl of boring pork porridge. Anyway, thanks be to God for food!

I joined the Worship Team for a short while in their rehearsal and after that I was with the youths. They were all having fun jamming together.

Before I left the church for home, I spent some time in prayer just outside the Worship Hall. I told the Lord that lately there seemed to be not much of a joy in my life and requested of Him to restore that joy in me. I also took the time to pray for a few people.

Well, I had a great day with my mum. It was a good bonding session for the both of us. I am also glad for the stuff I bought for my friends and myself.

Thanks be to God for a wonderful day!

“Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.” Psalm 51:10-12

“Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.” Romans 12:11-12

No comments: