Tuesday, March 20, 2007

I Am A HUMAN

Last night, I was wrestling with the Lord. Generally I felt very burdened, frustrated, angry, disappointed, sad and troubled. Yup. These were my feelings.

All the above-mentioned rolled into one as I felt very helpless generally. I was telling the Lord that I am just a mere HUMAN - one who makes mistakes, trying to do the right things and has feelings.

Why is it then that sometimes He seems so far away when I cry out to Him? Why is it that some people in my life are so insensitive to me when I try as much as I can to be sensitive to them (I do admit I fumble at times)?

I felt like a piece of dung basically.

I am tired of being good to others. What I get in return is hurt and disappointment. Yes, I do feel hurt! Don't I have the right to experience that?

Well, lately this is what I am going through. I may be a 35-year old man; I may be a 22-year old Christian; I may be a leader of the church but I am also a human being. Cut me some slack and give me a chance to err and to learn.

Anyway, in the end what else could I do? I still had to go to my God with my inability to handle the above-mentioned. I hope He has heard my cry.

I am tired and dry in this current lap of my pilgrim's journey. I need to go to the pit-stop of life and have myself renewed, recharged, refreshed, refuelled - whatever you might want to call it.

I could not sleep properly the whole night but thanks be to God for whatever little of it that I had.

May the Lord be my help.

"He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:29-31

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all." 2 Corinthians 4:16-17

"Strengthen the feeble hands, steady the knees that give way; say to those with fearful hearts, "Be strong, do not fear; your God will come,... he will come to save you." Isaiah 35:3-4

An Inspiring Alphabet

Although things are not perfect
Because of trial or pain
Continue in happy giving
Do not begin to blame
Even when the times are hard
Fierce winds are bound to blow
God is forever able
Hold on to what you know
Imagine life without God's love
Joy would cease to be
Keep thanking God for all the things
Love imparts to thee
Move out of "Self Complaining"
No weapon that is known
On earth can yield the power
Prayer can do alone
Quit looking at the future
Redeem the time at hand
Start every day with worship
To "thank" is a command
Until we get blessings
Victorious in the sky
We'll run the race with gratitude
Xpect from God most high
Yes, there will be some bad times and there will be some good, but...
Zzzz peacefully at night... you're in the care of God!

No comments: