Sunday, March 25, 2007

I Am Vulnerable

A brother-in-Christ emailed me this afternoon after reading my blogs. In one of the paragraphs he asked me how come I have been sharing things that are private so publicly.

My reply to him was this - that I am vulnerable. I am trying as much as I can not to put up a front to show others that I am ok externally when inside me, I know I am not. What is the point? The purpose is to testify that God is at work in my life and the struggles I share will one day be overcome with His help and guidance. But all these are done in His time and not mine.

That is what a pilgrim's journey is about - it is never a bed of roses but it is also never as bad as I always think it to be. I occasionally do feel that life sucks (lately that feeling is very strong) especially when I do not see things happening for the better or when I want quick solutions.

It is tough and sometimes downright frustrating to have to go through certain things in life but at the end of it all, God never fails. Eventually the obstacles will be cleared and life goes on. What I always need to remind myself is this - God must play a part in everything concerning my life. A clay left on the potter's wheel will not be shaped unless the master is present to finish the masterpiece. Well, I am still an unfinished piece of pot - I still have my flaws but eventually the Master will touch me up.

Well, in all that I have shared above, I guess it all boils down to this: Faith makes a Christian. Life proves a Christian. Trial confirms a Christian. Death crowns a Christian.

"Yet, O LORD, you are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand." Isaiah 64:8

No comments: