Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Does God Speak Through Dreams?

It is 6:40am. I have not been able to sleep properly the whole night. I woke up at 4:15am feeling sad and troubled for someone. I could not do anything else except to pray for her. I had to because Andy Chew here, a human being with limited abilities, has reached his limits trying to help this person and only God Almighty, who has unlimited powers, can save the soul of this person! I pleaded with Him once again to protect her.

Around 2am, I had a pleasant dream but when I woke up I was disappointed that it was just a dream. Why even in my sleep do I have to think so much? Is God speaking to me in my dreams? Anyway, I shall leave it as that.

I just changed my dressing. I realised the area I was operated on was bleeding quite badly and a considerable part of my mattress was stained with blood.

My throat hurts; I was running a slight fever last night; I vomited twice since I came home and I'm feeling a little light-headed and having a headache; I think I am having constipation too. This is common, I have been told, by a doctor-friend, especially for the kind of surgery I had undergone. There will be internal bleeding the next few days but this should be discharged when I pass motion. Sometimes it may even appear in my urine.

I am thankful to God that many of my closer friends prayed for me during the operation. A very dear friend messaged me a verse and also reminded me of my favourite verses from the Book of Philippians. It came just at the right time when I was concerned about the surgery being postponed due to my blood pressure being too high. The doctor commented that I was probably anxious. He asked me to relax. I held on to the verse my friend gave and also my favourite verses. Took the time to pray also. Just before 9am, they took another reading and by the grace of God, the pressure came down considerably for the doctor to give a go-ahead.

During the surgery, apparently I bled and I was given a pint of blood transfusion. Other than that, all went well.

I was discharged just before noon. I came home and basically slept. I just felt very weak. I did not eat much - in fact I have not consumed solid food since Monday evening when I was instructed to skip dinner, to prepare my tummy for the treatment.

A stream of smses came on my mobile phone - many from those I requested to pray for me; some from people whom I did not inform; there were even some from my ex-students who messaged to say they are praying from me - one of them is a staunch Buddhist. These were people whom I was not closed to but still God used them to lift my spirit up.

Well, the above surgery is one where I will never want to go through again in my pilgrim's journey. Just once is enough for me, if that is what God wants me to experience. I am really very tired.

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7

No comments: