Sunday, March 25, 2007

There Is Always A Flip-Side To Everything

This morning I prayed and asked God, if possible, to bring a sister to church. After service I looked around for her but she was no where to be found. I was asking God how come He did not answer my prayer. The reply I got was that He had prompted her but perhaps she had something else planned. I know the Lord is Someone who does not force but one day I am sure He will bring my sister back.

Well, in the lesson I learnt from yesterday's fishing trip, I guess I will continue to be patient and keep on praying. The worst thing that can ever happen is for me to give up. For this case, I know I will not because it involves a life so precious. The devil can try all ways possible to put me down but with God by my side I will keep pressing on.

This morning when I arrived in church, I went to repair my dear friend's bike immediately. In the process of rectifying the mistake made, I learnt a lesson. All these while I thought the nut that holds the crank together can only be inserted on one side only. I realised just now that it can also be inserted on the flip-side. It not only holds the crank tighter and at the same time it also allows the plastic cap that protects the nut to be easily inserted.

Parallel that to the way I see life sometimes, I guess there is always a flip-side to everything. If one remains one-track, which I sometimes can be, then dead-end will be what I see. It was a beautiful lesson because it opens up my horizon. It is amazing how repairing a bike can also allow me to learn something so refreshing. Thanks be to God.

Well, I shall end here as I have to leave for a birthday celebration. I guess I will write more when I come home later.

"A discerning man keeps wisdom in view, but a fool's eyes wander to the ends of the earth." Proverbs 17:24

"And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God." Philippians 1:9-11

No comments: