Friday, March 23, 2007

Ordering My Private World

I realised I just made a boo-boo to a dear friend's bicycle. I was repairing the crank for her when I was in church but as I was rushing I failed to check the alignment. She called me about 10 minutes ago to inform me of the mistake. I feel so bad because it is already so late.

Just checked the bus guide - thank God the last bus leaves at 11:45pm. What worries me is more her safety. Just prayed for the Lord to protect her as she makes her way home.

Actually this carelessness has been one of the many I have committed lately. My mind has been wandering - sometimes it is not even there. Yesterday I came home and left the gate ajar. It was only when I realised my doggy was missing that I noticed the gate. Thank God Sasha was just along the corridor playing with my grandma's plants.

Three days ago when I was doing my grocery-shopping, I left my whole bag of vegetables at the cashier counter and walked off. I only noticed it was not with me when I came home. I had to go out again to the supermarket to collect the bag. In rushing out, I forgot to put a tub of ice-cream in the freezer. When I came home after retrieving the bag of veggies, I realised about the ice-cream. By then it had already melted.

This morning when I was going for my medical check-up, I walked straight into the glass door as I was searching my bag for my appointment card.

These have been the stories of my life lately.

I once read a book by Gordon MacDonald on "Ordering Your Private World" and in the opening chapter he wrote this memo to the disorganised: "If my private world is in order, it will be because I am convinced that the inner world of the spiritual must govern the outer world of activity."

Anyway, I did not plan to write all of the above-mentioned. My mind lately has been filled with many thoughts basically.

I was at the Worship Team rehearsal in church. I have been rostered to play the drums for the 11:15am service this Sunday. Frankly I was not ready to serve the Lord but just before the practice commenced, I prayed. I told the Lord I would still worship Him with the skill He has given me in drumming though my heart was not prepared to serve. I asked that in doing so, He would refresh me in the process.

Well, the Lord answered my prayer and I was truly refreshed. I enjoyed every moment of the session. Though the drumming was quite tiring for some of the songs, I could still smile and praise the Lord with the rest of the team.

I guess this is what it means to worship the Lord in spirit and truth. I say this not to boast but to testify that it is true that one can still praise God despite of his circumstances. If he so chooses to do what the Lord says, his life would be rejuvenated and that the joy of the Lord would be restored in him and it will then become his strength. Hallelujah!

The medical review today has been positive though my surgical wound has not been healing well and fast enough. The doctor mentioned this could be due to the blood-thinning medication that I have been taking all these while. He advised me to stop consuming it for a while and see whether the condition improves. Other than that, everything is okay.

Well, no matter what the state of my life is now, I still want to thank God for sustaining me.

I am glad my friend has reached home safely. Praise the Lord!

"Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will." Romans 12:1-2

No comments: