Monday, March 19, 2007

Seeking Reconciliation

This morning I decided to go to the hospital to have my surgical wound cleaned and treated. Since Saturday when the boy at Carrefour banged into me, the bleeding has not really stopped. Well, the nurse told me there was a slight tear to the right of the wound but it should be alright. I am looking at it now - thank God the bleeding is not so bad.

After visiting the outpatient clinic, I went to town to check out more ideas for my God-sister's sweet 16th birthday this Wednesday. As my wound was stinging and a little itchy, I did not window-shop much.

Came home and basically rested. I felt quite tired so decided to nap. It was refreshing though I only slept for less than an hour.

I went for a stroll with my doggy in the evening - covered quite a distant as I felt I needed to exercise a little. I have put on a little weight since I stopped running due to my knee injury. I do not wish to go back to my previous weight after putting in so much effort to burn away those extra kilos.

While I was near the Potong Pasir MRT Station, I chanced upon the same school-girl I met last Thursday. She is from Serangoon Gardens Secondary School - the school which my church is supporting for the Boys' Brigade uniform group. The first time I met her, she wanted to play with Sasha so I let the both of them mingle with each other.

This girl is from China and she has been here since Primary Four. She is now in Secondary One. Though her age qualifies her to be in Secondary Three, the school actually advised her to go two levels down so that she can work on her English.

Frankly her competence in speaking the language is there. When I first met her, I thought she is a Singaporean.

Ever since I had Sasha, I had several opportunities intereacting with strangers and now when I see them, we would all smile at each other. I hope one day I can go one step further in sharing my faith to them.

Anyway, while I walking, I took the time to pray. In my conversation with God, I asked Him whether I have offended some people lately. I prayed and asked Him to give me an opportunity to resolve any wrongdoings against my friends. I do not want any of my insensitivities to create any rifts in my relationship with others. I also hope to learn from my mistakes. I hope my friends would be gracious to forgive me.

"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity." Colossians 3:12-14

No comments: