Friday, March 09, 2007

Let My Cup Overflow

Last night I was at the airport to meet my God-Pa's business partner to pick up something from him. He happened to be transiting in Singapore before flying off to Hong Kong. I really praise God for providing this kind gentleman in whom my God-Ma could care/of an item for a dear friend of mine.

Ma was supposed to pass it to another friend of hers but he can only come middle or towards the later part of this month. When she heard that my Pa's business associate was passing by this island-nation, she quickly sought his favour. I also praise the Lord that I have access to the transit lounge to meet up with Mr. Clyde for a while. In thanking him for doing Ma and I a favour, I treated him to a drink in one of the bars.

Ma also passed him a card to encourage me should I need to go for my key-hole surgery next week. Anyway, I have more or less decided to go for it even if the doctor does not recommend it. I feel in the long run it will do me good. Hopefully there will not be any more ulcers popping up elsewhere in my stomach after eradicating the current one. Only the Lord knows and I shall worry about them when they come.

Anyway, by the time I waited for Mr. Clyde's flight to depart, it was almost 11:15pm. Took the train home and I still managed to catch the last bus home. Praise the Lord for His provision as I was worried I could not take a bus home. Truly He was good.

While waiting for Mr. Clyde to touch down, I went to the departure hall to spend some time with God. Took the time to read His Word and also to search deeper the emptiness that I have been feeling. One area is my role as a brother-in-Christ and friend to another.

I do not wish to boast about this but I cherish deeply all the relationships I have with my siblings-in-Christ and friends. Most of the time I would go all out to be there for them when there is a need to or when I feel that God is calling me to help a person. But sometimes it is the method of approach that might have been wrong - instead of becoming an encouragement to them, I became a stumbling block. I feel quite ill-equipped here. Hence I need God to teach me.

Recently I have this feeling I have destroyed a relationship with someone I hold very dear to my heart. It is very very painful but I guess I deserve it - for not being sensitive to her. I tried to be there for her but I guess I have done more damage than help. I thought the bond I have with her has always been strong but lately I learnt that I should not take this for granted. This will be something I have to bear in me. I pray the Lord and my sister will forgive me for having failed them. I have tried and am still trying but I guess they are just not good enough.

While I was at the Worship Team rehearsal, halfway through playing the drums, the pain on my tummy came and I had to jab myself. Thank God this time a jab did the job. Well, I asked the Lord to help me focus my eyes on Him and He heard my prayer. I just worshipped the Lord and all pain and discomfort were put aside.

I was not really prepared to play the drums tonight but I still had a great time learning new rhythms.

In the afternoon I was at the I.T. Show in Suntec City with two staff from the church office. We were looking for some memory cards, MP4 players and also a notebook for a Cambodian pastor. We walked around and after a while we managed to buy every of the above items. The prices were also very reasonable - praise the Lord for blessing us with the good deals! We left the place satisfied though I was feeling a little "dizzy" - there were just so many people at the fair.

I had a great time with three dear brothers as we met this morning for our accountability session. It has always been refreshing for us coming together to share with one another the joys and struggles of our lives. I felt better after sharing and I know I am not fighting the battles of life alone because of the support I get from them.

I just sent a sms to a dear friend in French. We are trying to learn the new language together and I thought I try to use some of the new found words in the message. I hope I made sense and that the usage was correct. It is interesting to learn something totally new and I pray the Lord will give us the gift of tongues to master this language.

Time to go. I am very tired. I have been out since 6:20am. I had a lot of meetings today - I had to attend one regarding a mission training programme for the church that the Mission Committee is trying to adopt for next year. I am quite excited about it and I pray the Lord will lead and guide us as we plan from henceforth.

Thanks be to God for everything today.

"Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter, you will restore my life again; from the depths of the earth you will again bring me up." Psalm 71:20

"The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever." Psalm 23

No comments: