Monday, March 26, 2007

The Image Of The Servant-King

I am writing this blog now in Ngee Ann City Coffee Bean Cafe. Earlier I was at the Tourist Information Centre conducting some interviews. I also went to Borders to collect some books and a training aid I ordered.

This Sunday I am leading worship for the 11:15am service. I thought I could use the time here to think of the songs. For about an hour, I had a mental block.

I praise the Lord a dear friend was online and we corresponded for a while. She told me to do something else first to unwind. She suggested that I learn the French Language which both of us are trying to master.

Well, I did just that but I was struggling with the accent. I said a short prayer to ask the Lord to give my friend and I the ability to speak the language and also to remember the lessons taught so far.

It is quite weird listening to the CD and whispering to myself what the instructor is teaching especially in a crowded place like Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf. A Caucasian lady was glancing in my direction occasionally, probably wondering what this man is doing.

Anyway, after about thirty minutes of the lesson, I took some time to pray - seeking the Lord to give me discernment for the songs He wants me to use for the service.

Well, thanks be to God my mind became clearer and the songs began to come one after another. I have the tentative list for now. I shall continue to ask the Lord to guide my thoughts throughout the remaining part of today. By tonight I should be able to confirm the songs.

Throughout the time when I was pondering on the songs, the image of a King riding on a donkey kept playing in my mind. If I were at the scene, I wonder how I would react. But this same scene also humbled me because it showed that Jesus Christ did not come to be served like that of a royalty but to serve - basically that of a Servant-King.

Well, I shall end here. I shall write more tonight, if there are other insights from the Lord.

"For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many." Mark 10:45

No comments: