Friday, March 30, 2007

Be A Friend To The Needy

Remember last night, I mentioned about the Chinese man, recovering from a stroke, who smiled for the first time? I managed to get his name this morning. He is called Yi-Ge. Literal translation for "First Brother" or "Big Brother". I hope that is correct.

I shook his hands as I introduced myself to him. Guess what? He smiled again. Sasha was very cute. When she saw Yi-Ge, she just sprawled on the floor and tried biting his walking stick. When he saw that, he smiled again. Yi-Ge tried to speak but his speech was slurred and I could make out what he was trying to say. I tried as much to listen to him and basically kept eye contact. I hope that made him feel he is heard and this will allow him to loosen up a little.

Well, a new friend I made. Never saw ourselves doing that a couple of weeks back but God made it possible. I will see whether one evening I can go visit him at his place and bring some foodstuff for him.

I am actually quite tired now. I did not sleep well last night. I slept at around 3am and woke up at about 6am. Just a lot of thoughts running in my mind.

Anyway, I have to prepare for tonight's worship team rehearsal. I hope I will be able to have the energy and the right frame of mind to focus. Again I find it hard to look forward to the session but I shall pray and let God still use me despite of the inertia. I hope He will bear with me during this period.

I shall end here. Need to get some work done.

God be my help today.

SHARE YOUR FAITH

If you will spend some time each day
Just listening to God’s voice,
He’ll tell you what you need to do
And in His words, rejoice.
He wills you to go through each day,
Reaching out to those in need;
To share your faith with those still lost.
He’s with you and He’ll lead.
He gives the words you need to say.
Through the Spirit who dwells within
And by your witness to them,
Someone lost might turn from sin.
If by your words they realize
There’s a better way for them,
Introduce them to your Savior
And the life they’ll share with Him.
Tell them that you’ve walked their way
Before you bowed your head
And asked God to forgive you
For the life of sin you lead.
Tell them He forgave you
When you accepted His only Son
And through His grace He saved you
And your lost soul was won.
You never know who might be saved
If you take the time to share
How they too can be saved like you
And dwell within His care.

"Keep on loving each other as brothers. Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it. Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering." Hebrews 13:1-3

"In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.'" Acts 20:35

No comments: