Saturday, March 03, 2007

God Knows Me Inside-Out

I had a great time finalising the lesson preparation for tomorrow's session with the Youth Ministry. I went to a Coffee Bean joint in the heart of Shenton Way at around 2:30pm and spent about three hours seeking the Lord as to what else I needed to cover. The place was so empty that I had a wonderful time reading His Word and doing the materials.

Well, I added and changed some stuff and I also did a simple powerpoint presentation that my dear friend suggested. Sometimes visual aid is more effective than just mere talk especially for the generation of today.

I guess I can prepare that much and the rest I will have to trust the Lord to lead and guide me tomorrow as I stand before my siblings-in-Christ. I am looking forward to it but at the same time I am also a little nervous. Haha. Coming from a teacher, this may sound a little odd.

I prayed and asked the Lord to grant every one present tomorrow a teachable heart so that we will allow the Holy Spirit to work in and through us. I do not know how responsive the youths will be but I shall leave that to God to move them accordingly.

I am having a bad headache now and again I thank God for working in His mysterious ways to cancel a dinner appointment that I am supposed to have with some friends. It was to be held in an open-concept restaurant and because of the rain, we had no choice but to postpone the get-together. I guess it is a blessing in disguise so that at least I can come home early to rest.

Well, in about an hour's time, there will be the big match between Liverpool and Manchester United. My soccer companions are planning to go to Chjimes to watch the 'live' telecast. I hope they will have fun. I am surprised I am not even tempted to join them though I am free now. I guess the headache plays a part and I praise the Lord for giving me this slight discomfort. So funny that I am thanking God for giving me a headache. :) He knows best, I guess.

It has been a restful weekend so far, though my thoughts were on some people. I hope tonight the Lord will continue to refresh me as I look forward to a brand new day tomorrow.

To all Liverpudlians, we are going to beat the Red Devils later! K, I shall not get too excited over this.

Thanks be to God for this beautiful day that He made for all!

"O LORD, you have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O LORD. You hem me in—behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain. Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast. If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me," even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you. For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them! Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand. When I awake, I am still with you. Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting." Psalm 139:1-18; 23-24

No comments: