Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Everything God Created Is Good

I just came back from a course specially designed for men. It is entitled "Personal Holiness In Times Of Temptation." Well, I did not regret signing up for it as this course allows me to get real and face upfront the temptations that men face and also to desire holiness as I trot this pilgrim's journey.

I hope the Lord will continue to provide new insights as I go through the next three sessions and it is my prayer I will put to practice the lessons I will be learning along the way.

I spent the whole day in church. I arrived at the office at around 11:15am. I basically spent most of the time compiling all the points noted by the different groups in the Youth Ministry for the teaching session I conducted last Sunday on "Purity In Christ".

As I was typing the points out, what burdened my heart was the impurities and struggles that the youths listed. In reading the details, I could tell that some youths are learning to overcome the sins in their lives but there are some who are okay with them. In fact some noted that they chose to sin because it is easier than having to battle with living a life of purity. It is true that it is easier to give in to sin than strive to live a holy and godly lifestyle.

It is definitely a real struggle and I cannot discount the fact that the youths are trying to do the right thing. It is always very easy to judge them and tell them they should or should not do this and that but at the end of day, they themselves have to see it and accept the reality that living a lifestyle pleasing in God's sight has more eternal benefits than to choose a road of sinful living.

I have, for a couple of times, put my brothers and sisters-in-Christ (even to my God-sister) down when they did something wrong - at the end of the day, I guess it is more than just telling them. They need to be convicted themselves not to commit those sins and only God can convict.

It is true than one needs to rebuke when another does something wrong but the attitude must be that of love. I guess I have failed at times - telling people that they are doing something wrong but not showing them the way to do it right. Many times I barked at them but seldom I provide them an alternative.

Well, after I had done all the compilation of the points, I went to the emergency stairways of the church and spent some time in prayer for these my younger siblings-in-Christ.

Praise the Lord for the above revelation.

This morning when I went for a walk with Sasha at the park, I saw a pair of hornbills which is a rare sight on this island-nation. I tried to capture them in photo with my PDA-Phone but could not take a nice shot. It was a nice experience especially when you see them in flight. I was fascinated by them because when I was in Indonesia many years ago, I encountered one in a jungle and the sound it produced during flight was awesome and scary.

The hornbills and also the other animals and plants I saw as I walked along the park just amazed me. It basically showed me how detailed God was when He created everything. Having that knowledge basically tells me that all He had made was not by chance or mistake. That comforted me because it reminded me how special I am and it also opened my eyes to the uniqueness of every one around me. All these lessons encouraged me not to judge any one because I have no right to do so since they are all part of God's perfect creation!

Well, I am grateful for what the Lord showed me today. Hallelujah!

"God saw all that he had made, and it was very good." Genesis 1:31a

"For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living. You, then, why do you judge your brother? Or why do you look down on your brother? For we will all stand before God's judgment seat. It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "So then, each of us will give an account of himself to God. Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in your brother's way." Romans 14:9-13

No comments: