Wednesday, March 14, 2007

God - The Name I Can Trust

I had wanted to attend the Local Church Executive Committee (LCEC) meeting tonight (which is going on now) but in the end I had no choice but to change my mind. I actually went to church at around 3pm but at about 5pm, my wound started bleeding again. I thought it would stop but it did not. I felt a little light-headed and decided that I should go back and rest.

Before I made my decision to go home, I was actually preparing for the Youth Ministry (YM) lesson for this Sunday. I am still seeking Him as to how I can tune the session in such a way where the youths will be attentive to the topic. Hopefully from tomorrow onwards my line of thoughts would be clearer.

I had the dressing changed. While cleaning the area where I was operated on, it stinged badly. I really hope it will not get infected. I managed to eat some porridge that grandma cooked. I have also taken some laxatives and hope I will be able to purge soon. I need to do that soon otherwise there is a fear of poisoning due to the internal bleeding. My urine has a tinge of blood already.

I just spent some time in prayer. I confessed to the Lord that I am becoming bitter towards life and also people. This is definitely wrong hence I needed Him to help me. I asked Him to protect my actions and thoughts as I do not wish to let the devil lay a foothold in my life. I am walking on very thin ice now and I need to be very careful.

Never knew in a span of a month and a half, things in my life have gone topsy-turvy - never saw it coming but now it is a little too late to prevent it from happening. Since I am in it now, I can only trust God to help me and also those who are involved in this time of trials.

The topic I will be teaching this Sunday in YM is on "God - The Name I Can Trust." It is a struggle to teach this lesson when I, myself, am struggling with trusting God to guide me in this time of frustration, disappointment and exhausation (mainly physical, emotional and mental). Perhaps this is the week God wants me to grasp the lessons first before I impart them to my younger siblings-in-Christ.

It is my prayer that I will not be a hypocrite when I stand before the youths. So far, I must say that I have been finding a lot of comfort as I looked through the various names of God which basically showed His many characteristics. I realised, at the end of it all, God always has His people in mind in everything He does. The sad part is His people do not always have Him in their minds in everything they do. I am one of them.

"Each heart knows its own bitterness, and no one else can share its joy." Proverbs 14:10

"And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you." Ephesians 4:30-32

"Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God." Psalm 20:7

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." Psalm 91:1-2

No comments: