Saturday, March 17, 2007

I Must Not Exploit Others

This morning I went out for a walk with my dog. Nothing vigorous except for a stroll around the park.

I started conversing with my Father. I was asking God whether sometimes I am being exploited by people and when I am of no use or my opinions do not matter to them anymore, I am being cast aside. Lately I feel that way and it hurts especially when these people are the ones I regarded close to me.

Well, when I brought up the above-mentioned to Him, the question bounced back to me. Do I, Andy Chew, make use of people? I must confess there were occasions in my life where I did. Then another question came - does it feel good to exploit others? The answer was, of course, no.

After I gave the answer to the last question, I was basically challenged then not to commit the same mistake again. As for others making use of me, the Lord just encouraged me to continue to do good in His sight and for His people. It does not matter whether I am being abused or not because if I begin to doubt people's motives, then whatever I do, I am basically executing it with a judgmental spirit. That's wrong because judgement is not mine to give but God.

I was at peace after that and I told the Lord I will continue to do what is right in His eyes.

I just came home not too long ago - I needed to buy some things at a few places in town but the shopping at Plaza Singapura (which was my last stop) was marred by a minor accident to my surgical wound.

A kid, while trying out a mountain bike, knocked into me and of all places, it hit the area where I was operated on. It was painful and when I checked the wound, it was bleeding badly. The mother of the child was so scared because she thought the wound was inflicted by her son but I assured her he did not. Enduring the pain I had to explain to her that I recently went for a surgery.

Anyway, I quickly took a cab home and had the dressing changed. My Polo-T was stained with blood but I am thankful that the wound was alright. It stopped bleeding after I applied the cream. It is stinging but everything should be alright after a while.

I was in church from 11am to around 5:30pm. I was repairing a dear friend's bicycle crank. Thanks to an instructional manual from the web, I was able to get it fixed. Praise the Lord!

After that I had to do the last bit of preparation for tomorrow's Youth Ministry teaching session. I did some tweaking to the overall approach. Well, now I have to leave it to God to use me as an instrument to share His Word to His people.

I attended the Youth Ministry Mentor (YMM) meeting next. It was a fruitful session for me as I got to know more about the YMMs. We had a time of worship, sharing and prayer. We were all challenged to meet regularly for a time of building each other up in the faith and in service. We also reminded each other the importance of prayer and the need to be a testimony to our younger siblings-in-Christ.

Next week the team is meeting up for an outing - hopefully the activity will unite everyone and allow us to bond better.

Well, I shall try to rest early tonight. Lately I have not been able to sleep properly - always waking up in the middle of the night. Hopefully the Lord will help me as I try to sleep more soundly. A lot of dreams and nightmares every night.

As mentioned in my previous blog, I do not know whether God is speaking to me through dreams. Still seeking Him on this and also praying about the dreams and nightmares. Something new to my pilgrim's journey.

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving." Colossians 3:23-24

"The LORD detests the thoughts of the wicked, but those of the pure are pleasing to him." Proverbs 15:26

No comments: