Friday, March 02, 2007

God - My Emmanuel

When I was on my way home from running some errands, I was walking close to this Indian lady around my age with her daughter, who is about 4 years old. I overheard their conversation and the lady was basically assuring the little girl that she loves her and that she would never leave her. She kept saying that to her daughter.

I could have walked faster but I decided to slow down my pace so as to find out why she has been repeating the same phrase to her little one. After a while I realised that the mother was actually late in picking her daughter up and for a while, the girl thought that the mother did not want her anymore.

I know it is rude to eavesdrop someone's conversation with another but I was just curious. To a certain extent, I am glad I overheard the reason because the above encounter with the mother and daughter reminded me of my relationship (being the son) with God (being my Father in heaven).

It is amazing how God works in mysterious ways because this morning when I woke up, I felt very empty inside me. I do not know why but it was a lousy feeling. Suddenly I felt lonely. I just did not feel like going through this brand new day that God has made for me and everyone else.

Well, though I felt that way, I still had to go through the routine of my schedules - to work; then to my driving class; and after that to church. I prayed about this emptiness but I did not get an answer till just now.

I praise the Lord that He gave me peace - just like the mother telling her daughter, I also sensed God telling me that He loves me and that He will never leave nor forsake me. It is just so strange that suddenly I had this moment of void in my life.

I hope God would reveal more to me with regards to the above-mentioned experience. I am thankful that I always have God as my Emmanuel (God with us).

I pray those who feel lonely today will also have this assurance that God is by their side. Today, for just a while, I understand what it means to be lonely and I know there are many out there who may be feeling the same way. May the God of hope fill the vacuum of these lives and bring light to their future.

Actually one of the reasons could be God teaching me that sometimes when He is late in answering my prayers, it is not because He is absent in my life but that it was not time yet for my requests to be met.

Well, I praise God for allowing me to go through the desert experience.

I also give thanks to Him for the 'A' Level results that He has given to some of my sisters-in-Christ. I remembered interceding for them and now they have reaped what they had sown and it is a reasonably good harvest. May God continue to bless them as they pursue their studies further in the university.

Time for me to bring Sasha to relieve herself.

"The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged." Deuteronomy 31:8

No comments: