Wednesday, March 21, 2007

God - My Lighthouse

It is 3:16am. I just finished doing something and thought before I sleep that I blog first. Today is my God-sister's birthday. When the clock struck 12:00am, I sent her my birthday greetings. I hope she will enjoy this day that God has specially made for her. She has been a great blessing to me. Thanks be to God for her life.

Just 5 minutes ago when I was looking out of my living room window, I saw an old man sitting alone at the bus-stop on the opposite side of the road. I said a prayer for him as I do not know why he is out at this time of the morning. I hope the Lord will sit beside the uncle and help him if he is in need. I also prayed for God's protection to be upon him.

Yesterday I was out to a few places as in I needed to buy the materials to do something. Praise the Lord I managed to find all that I needed. I also returned some books at the library in the heart of Orchard Road. I had lunch at the foodcourt in Ngee Ann City after that. I also needed to rest a little as my surgical wound was a little stinging.

I went out for a walk with my doggy in the evening and also took the time to share with the Lord some of my struggles. There was no sudden gush of wind in which God spoke but I guess He has heard my cries for help and He will speak when He is ready to. I just hope I have the patience to wait upon Him.

I chanced upon this quote: “He who provides for this life, but takes no care for eternity, is wise for a moment, but a fool forever.” I thought it was a good reminder for us all.

I also like this poem sent to me by a sister-in-Christ...

"God will be with you as you journey
Every moment, every day
His hand will be your shelter
He will safely guide your way
Even in the darkest midnight
There's a Light to see you through
For God has placed a Lighthouse
On a hillside just for you!"

Time to end here.

“Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation, now that you have tasted that the Lord is good.” 1 Peter 2:2-3

"And he told them this parable: "The ground of a certain rich man produced a good crop. He thought to himself, 'What shall I do? I have no place to store my crops.' Then he said, 'This is what I'll do. I will tear down my barns and build bigger ones, and there I will store all my grain and my goods. And I'll say to myself, "You have plenty of good things laid up for many years. Take life easy; eat, drink and be merry." But God said to him, 'You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you. Then who will get what you have prepared for yourself.' This is how it will be with anyone who stores up things for himself but is not rich toward God." Luke 12:16-21

No comments: