Sunday, May 27, 2007

Wait Upon The Lord

I just came back from the Global Day of Prayer (GDOP) Rally in National Stadium. Throughout the time I was smittened by something close to my heart. It hit me real hard that I broke down before the Lord. I just am not sure what His will is for me in this burden I am carrying. It has been for a few years already. I just kept quiet as the rest of the people in the Stadium sang - I just wanted to listen to the words of the songs and find comfort in them. I shall leave it as that - this is something that I am seeking the Lord as I go through this pilgrim's journey. I guess I shall continue to wait upon Him.

During one of the segments where the people were encouraged to pray for the family - I cried as I prayed for three things: one was for the Lord to teach every one in my family (myself included) to release any grudge, unforgiveness, anger against one another; two was for me to cherish my family and not take them for granted. Mum's weak health lately has caused me to open my eyes that my family will not always be with me forever. Now when there is still chance for me to love them, I should not waste the opportunity before it is too late; three was for my brother's salvation. I pleaded with the Lord to have mercy on him and that God will give me the courage to reach out to him. It is just so tough but I shall not use this as an excuse.

I also spent time praying for some people whom I cherish close to my heart - I hope the Lord will minister to them in His time and divine ways. I have done all I could, the rest is up to God to touch their lives.

I guess that is all I want to share for today. I was very hungry when I came home. Just ate some food I found in the kitchen.

I need to sleep early as I have to go for my second interview tomorrow morning. This will be tougher than the first but I shall just give my best. May His name be glorified in whatever I say and do.

Well, thanks be to God for the tears and prayers uttered at the GDOP Rally. It was a time of refreshing and seeking for me.

"Hear my voice when I call, O LORD; be merciful to me and answer me. My heart says of you, "Seek his face!" Your face, LORD, I will seek. Do not hide your face from me, do not turn your servant away in anger; you have been my helper. Do not reject me or forsake me, O God my Savior." Psalm 27:7-9

"Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD." Psalm 27:14

No comments: