Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Serving One Another

I was just talking to a dear sister about her wedding plans on the MSN. It was quite funny as she described to me the dilemma she is in as to whether she should spend lots of money on her ideal gown or not. I tried my best to help her in this by sharing different perspectives but I do not know whether I made things better for her. :)

It is always interesting to hear the joys and headaches couples have when they plan for their weddings. As a Wedding Coordinator to some of them, I would usually try my best to advise accordingly and hopefully that will aid them in their decision-makings. I also learnt after helping out in several weddings that being a coordinator also means being a prayer warrior for them - that God will show them what they need to do and still find peace and joy in their plans. Ultimately God is still the WEDDING PLANNER! :)

This evening I heard from a dear brother-in-Christ that not all blogs should be taken seriously when we were talking about this topic. That kept me thinking as to why he made that conclusion. Is it true? I am a blogger myself and I sure hope in whatever I have shared, they were all from the bottom my heart. But that remark served as a good reminder for me - that I need to always be truthful in what I share.

Anyway, the both of us met up to discuss about an interview that he has to attend ths Friday. I hope my advice has helped him in some ways.

We met another sister-in-Christ while my brother was buying Ben and Jerry's ice cream in Cathay Building. We sat down and chatted for a while.

I went for my driving lesson in the morning and I should be able to sign up for my test-date after my next lesson! I do not know whether I am looking forward to that. I have mixed feelings because my past failures in this attempt to obtain that piece of plastic still haunt me occasionally. Well, I guess I shall take it one step at a time and keep trying. The worst thing is to give up, which I did 7 years ago.

So much for that. Mum is still not feeling better. I am very worried for her physical well-being. She still feels weak and I hope it is because of the urine infection and nothing else.

One thing I want to give thanks to God for - grandma finally spoke to me when I came home just now. I was surprised when she asked me whether I had eaten or not. I joyfully replied that I had not. Praise the Lord that things between us are improving.

One more thanksgiving item. A dear friend asked me yesterday to find out for a sister-in-Christ the price of a pair of running shoes that she is interested in. I enquired with an ex-client of my mum's and I was offered a good deal but the only problem was that the size that the sister wanted has been sold out.

I prayed and asked the Lord to provide a solution to this. I requested to mum's friend whether he could get a pair from another shop in the same building. He said he would try. He called a while later to inform me that he managed to. I told my dear friend about it and we were happy that the size was available. Praise the Lord!

Well, I shall end here. Thanks be to God for everything!

“You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature; rather, serve one another in love.” Galatians 5:13

No comments: