Thursday, May 10, 2007

God Answers Prayers

I shall keep this short as I am unwell. The whole day I have been battling with flu, fever and sore throat. I thought they would get better after taking some paracetamols but that did not help.

In the evening, I decided to see the doctor and obtain some medications so that I will be well by tomorrow. I have a course to attend and I do not wish to let these bugs stop me from learning something new.

I was in church from the late morning as I wanted to finish up the lesson plan for the Youth Ministry but I still could not. I have about a third left to prepare and I believe by Friday I should be able to complete it.

I was struggling because it is not easy to explain the resurrection of Christ as in its authenticity. But I am thankful to God for granting me insights which in the end I managed to put everything into perspective. I shall not be sharing them now as I am not in the right frame of mind to do so.

Anyway, I have something to give thanks for and it is amazing how God answered my prayers and lifted my burdens.

I needed to present an item to the the Local Church Executive Committee (LCEC) regarding a memorial fund which the committee intends to close as it is of no use anymore for its intended purpose. As we want to do it in a manner sensitive to every one involved, I was not at peace for a suggestion that a couple of leaders asked me to do as I felt the funds will not be put to good and effective use.

Anyway, while I was at the clinic waiting for my turn to see the doctor, I said a prayer and told the Lord to provide a way out if it is what He deemed proper. I left it as it was.

Then during the meeting when it was about to commence, a dear brother approached me and showed me a statement in which will allow that fund to be used for other purposes. I presented it to the rest of the leaders and we were given the mandate to look into the matter further and proposed an alternative to the usage of the funds.

I was so happy when I heard that. A few of my committee members were very happy too. I take comfort that God heard my cry and He answered me accordingly.

Before the meeting I also asked a dear friend to pray for me in this area. Truly the Lord has granted our requests!

I guess that is all for now. I shall go and sleep. I pray I will be well by tomorrow morning.

To God be the glory!

"This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us — whatever we ask — we know that we have what we asked of him." 1 John 5:14-15

No comments: