Saturday, May 05, 2007

A Time For Everything

Sometimes I feel I am too hopeful in some of the pursuits of my life. Sometimes I wonder whether should I just give up and perhaps, just perhaps, my life would be less burdensome.

Every single day I pray and submit to the Lord the desires of my heart. Some of the requests, I have been praying for several months already. Frankly these items I felt led to keep on praying because I found peace in believing that one day God would answer them.

There were areas of my life where I have prayed before and I knew I needed to let them go, which I did. I guess maybe I am too impatient and want things done my way, my time but of course I also know they would not happen because God knows best. He basically makes all things beautiful in His time.

Sometimes I wish God would just tell me clearly what is in His mind. There were occasions where it was very clear regarding some areas but not all the time, I experience this. So does that mean for those areas that are still unclear that I should persevere and keep on seeking Him? I guess so, in my opinion.

Anyway, I am sharing this not because I am doubting my God Almighty. It just makes me wonder what is it that He wants me to do at the end of the day? How would I be sure that I am doing the right thing?

Well, I pray He will continue to give me the discernment.

I praise the Lord for guiding me throughout the day. I managed to complete and confirm my lesson preparations for this Sunday's Youth Ministry (YM) session. I hope my younger siblings-in-Christ will be blessed in what I am to share. Again, may the Lord be my help.

I had dinner with some friends at Bedok Hawker Centre before a dear brother-in-Christ dropped my dear friend and her sister at a chalet in Changi for their Alpha Weekend.

After that I went back to church to attend the Worship Team rehearsal. I took that time to guide a dear brother in his worship preparation for next Sunday. It will be his first and I thought I should give him some pointers so that he will not be too anxious. I hope I was of some help to him.

Anyway, another brother gave me a lift home when all was done. Praise the Lord for that!

I guess that is all!

"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace. What does the worker gain from his toil? I have seen the burden God has laid on men. He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end. I know that there is nothing better for men than to be happy and do good while they live. That everyone may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all his toil—this is the gift of God. I know that everything God does will endure forever; nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it. God does it so that men will revere him." Ecclesiastes 3:1-14

No comments: