Sunday, May 06, 2007

Love Covers A Multitude Of Sins

This morning I taught at the Youth Ministry on overcoming conflicts. Though it is the examination period, I am very encouraged that many youths turned up.

Teaching this topic was especially tough for me because I am going through one myself with a dear sibling-in-Christ. Throughout the session, I taught with a heavy heart. As I was encouraging my younger siblings-in-Christ to learn to deal with tensions, I was also asking myself how else can I overcome my own relationship breakdown?

The voice of the devil was still loud as I taught but I thank the Lord for allowing me to focus. In all the sessions I have done, today's is one of the toughest for me. Looking back now, I am grateful to God for pulling me through it.

Anyway, I am reminded of one thing which I pray the Lord will help me not commit - that is bitterness. Once I have this feeling against anyone when in conflict, I have already allowed the evil one to lay a foothold in my life. It is that easy to feel that way but I am glad God reminded me to continue to love regardless of any problems I have with my brothers and sisters-in-Christ.

Well, I will continue to hope in the Lord that He will teach me to deal with conflicts in a positive manner. Above all, in a way pleasing in His sight. I am still learning about this aspect of my Christian walk. I dislike confrontations and having to overcome tensions but if I need to, I pray I will do it correctly.

I do not know why but I am feeling quite lethargic now - have been coughing a little since afternoon and body has been aching. I hope these are not symptoms of me falling sick.

Thanks be to God for today.

"Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to his neighbor, for we are all members of one body. "In your anger do not sin": Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, and do not give the devil a foothold." Ephesians 4:25-27

"Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins." 1 Peter 4:8

No comments: