Wednesday, May 16, 2007

God Knows Best - Seek Him

I just came home from a time of fellowship with two dear brothers-in-Christ. We went to this nice Italian restaurant for our dinner. One of the brothers wanted to try the food which was apparently featured in the newspapers not too long ago. We ate and caught up with one another as we shared about what God has been doing in our lives - basically the joys and struggles of our walk.

I am thankful to God for this gathering as I needed to share with them some of my burdens so that they can pray for and with me. I felt a release when I filled them in on some of my concerns and troubles.

This morning I went for an important meeting which may affect my immediate future. I went for an interview for a scholarship and this is the first round of three. That is if I pull through today's session. It was a long 1 1/2 hours and I was grilled with a lot of difficult questions which I basically answered truthfully. I could have sweetened it with a few other points but chose not to.

Anyway, no matter what the outcome will be, I will give thanks to God for giving me this opportunity and honour to be recommended by my superior and shortlisted by the board. I shall wait for the next notification, if any were to come.

Well, I did not really lose sleep over the above-mentioned but there were jitters last night as I kind of fear things like interviews or having to meet a group of people to be grilled. Just before I slept, I took some time to pray and I felt better after that.

I did not share this with too many people but just now, one dear sister shared with me over the MSN that she prayed for me this morning. I was encouraged to hear that. Though it was only after the interview that she told me, I am very blest to know someone actually interceded for me. Now that I am involved in planning for her wedding, I shall do my part in praying for her and trust that God will guide us in the preparations leading to her big day early next year!

This afternoon while I was having lunch in the canteen, an ex-student of mine came by and joined me. We caught up with one another and in the process, he shared with me some of his struggles in his life. I basically listened to him and occasionally shared with him some pointers. I did not expect this to happen but I am glad I was able to play a part in someone's life today. Yet another empty seat in my life taken by this young man.

I also took up the courage and told him, just before we departed, that I will be praying for him. I know he is not a Christian but I believe God will still listen to my prayer requests for this person.

Well, thanks be to God for this long day - He has again pulled me through it.

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps. " Proverbs 16:9

No comments: