Saturday, May 26, 2007

Confidence In God, Not Flesh

This morning when I woke up, after reading my dear friend's sms, I submitted to the Lord everything that I am to do today. Her reminder in the message about God being able to see the both of us through and help us do well in conducting the Facilitators' Course basically opened my eyes to let Him lead us accordingly. I submitted to Him our fears and insecurities.

Now that the day has come to a close, I want to say a big "thank you" to my God Almighty and Faithful Friend! I am truly very grateful to Him for seeing my dear friend and I through the workshop.

When we were binding the course materials in the church office, she told me that the nervous feeling I shared with her last night had now been passed to her. She was having the jitters. Funnily it was my turn to assure her that all would be well because I had already surrendered to God our needs.

We prayed twice before the course commenced. You know what? Everything went smoothly. My friend and I were able to keep the flow going as we taught from one segment to another. We did not fumble much. In fact, I enjoyed myself tremendously. I hope my dear friend did too. :)

The chance for the both of us to work together allowed me to know her better and to see some new things about her. Just a while ago we basically messaged each other to affirm one another.

Once again, praise and glory be to our God Almighty for being so good to the both of us! :)

God was also good to me and mum. After I wrote the previous blog and while waiting for my friend to arrive in church, grandma called me to come home quickly. She said something broke and asked me to rush back.

I grabbed a cab home. I realised that the needle of the syringe that mum used for her diabetes jab broke when Sasha, my dog, jumped onto her lap. Good thing the needle did not travel up the blood stream as it would be dangerous if it hit the heart. I asked mum for the rough location she jabbed herself. Thank God I was able to find the broken needle.

After ensuring that mum was fine and grandma had calmed down, I took a cab back to church.

I came back from a concert in The Esplanade called "Scottish Fantasies. I went with my dear friend and her sister. We enjoyed the performance. I also realised a good friend of mine was involved in the concert. She was in the choir.

Interestingly I met my good friend and her hubby and together with my dear friend and her sister, we all went to have a late dinner together in a Japanese restaurant.

Okie, I am long-winded tonight. Anyway, after the meal I got a lift home from my dear friend and her sister. I appreciated that lots!

What else can I say except being grateful to God for His goodness and faithfulness - for making this day, which I thought was going to be dreadful, to one where I enjoyed myself lots! Hallelujah!

"But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him." Jeremiah 17:7

"Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need." Hebrews 4:16

"This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him." 1 John 5:14-15

No comments: