Thursday, May 24, 2007

Seek The Prayer Of Others

I was supposed to go for my driving lesson this morning but I decided to cancel it. I was tired after staying up to watch the Liverpool-AC Milan Champions League Final with some brothers-in-Christ. I was also not really in the mood to go for the lesson - not due to the defeat of the Reds but just that lately I am too drained physically, mentally and emotionally.

Well, as mentioned above, Liverpool lost 1-2 though they played quite well. I do not know why but I was not too affected when the referee blew the final whistle. I got a lift home from one of the brothers. I basically slept after washing up.

Though I slept at around 5:30am, I could not sleep further after waking up at 10am. I basically cooked lunch for mum, dad and grandma. After that I went to run some errands and spent some time at the Coffee Bean branch in Ngee Ann City.

I decided to prepare for the facilitators' course. Well, I did not do as much as I would love to but still I thank God for allowing me to have an idea of how to conduct the whole workshop. I am still not too confident. So is my dear friend who is co-leading with me. I guess we will just have to trust God to use us as instruments.

God-Ma just called from New York to ask about mum and I updated her accordingly. It was quite timely for her to call because lately I have exhausted all avenues to ensure that mum is okay. I just needed Ma to advise if I had missed out anything. Anyway, I guess I have to wait for the rest of the medical results to be released next Monday before I know what steps to take next. We talked for about 30 minutes and I appreciate that.

One thing she advised me to do struck me - she asked whether have I asked my siblings-in-Christ to pray for mum. Well, I did not tell too many people because first of all, I was quite sick and tired of always doing that. Every now and then there is this, if not that, happening either to me or my family. Quite tired of always telling people to keep interceding for me.

Anyway, it was a wake-up call for me. Just a while ago I messaged a couple of people especially my accountability group and a few others to pray for mum. My apologies for having waited till now to solicit for prayers. The past few days I was just trying not to think too much about what had happened.

Well, I shall end here. I am trying to sleep early tonight. Tomorrow will be a better and refreshing day! Thanks be to God!

"Is any one of you in trouble? He should pray. Is anyone happy? Let him sing songs of praise. Is any one of you sick? He should call the elders of the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven. Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective." James 5:13-16

No comments: