Thursday, May 03, 2007

Conflicts Should Not Paralyse Me

This morning I wanted to watch the AC Milan-Manchester United match but as always, I overslept and woke up only at 6am. I was hoping for a Liverpool-Manchester United final but it was not to be. Just messaged my dear friend's sister to send her my sympathies.

Anyway, since I was up and decided not to go back to bed, I went for a run instead. I needed that as I have been eating a lot lately. I also took the time to speak to the Lord further about what I wrote in my previous blog. It was refreshing. Thanks be to God for that!

Before I went for my driving lesson, I called my colleague, whom I had a conflict with yesterday, to apologise to him about yesterday. Though it was not my fault for being late, I wanted to make things up with him for being rather cold and hostile towards him. I am glad both of us got our differences settled and it was truly a great release.

Driving class was okay. The instructor was quite chatty so we talked about almost everything under the sun but the main topic was on soccer and of course the Manchester United's defeat was brought up. He shared how and why the Red Devils lost and I was smiling as I listened. Mr. Lim was quite comical in the way he analysed the match. I could not contribute much as I did not watch it. Anyway, that made the time fly faster and driving more fun. :)

I am now in Ngee Ann City Coffee Bean. I am here to prepare for the Youth Ministry (YM) lesson. Though the voice is still rattling on in my mind about all the hypocrisy and problem I am having with a dear sibling, I have told the Lord I am not going to let this stop Him from using me to share His Word to the rest in YM. I also have no qualms telling my younger siblings-in-Christ that I am currently facing this situation as it is part and parcel of life that one faces conflicts with people at certain points of his life. Does this mean I am going to be paralysed by them each time I have a problem with someone? Definitely not! By saying this, I do not mean that I am not going to care about the conflict. I am still dealing with it except that my life has to go on, with an extra load on my shoulder.

I am still praying that one day the Lord will help my dear sibling and I to overcome the conflict. I believe reconciliation and restoration will come in God's time and when both of us are ready to confront each other with our differences, hurts and grudges. I am ready to do that because it is the right thing to do and also for me to learn from my mistakes. I will continue to pray and hope. I know the Lord will not fail me.

Before I came to the cafe, I was looking at my watch and realised that time has stopped literally. I was shocked how come it was still so early when in my mind I thought otherwise. I had to go to a watch shop to have the battery changed and did not know it would cost so much to have the lithium cell replaced. Anyway, glad to know time is running again. Following on to what I shared last night about numbering my days, I know one day my time will be up but I hope I will not be shocked about it but instead be ready for it when it happens.

Alright, I shall key off for now. Time to prepare for the YM lesson. May the Lord be my guide.

"Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to your brother; then come and offer your gift. Settle matters quickly with your adversary..." Matthew 5:23-25a

No comments: