Monday, May 28, 2007

God-Sent!

I just came home from the scholarship interview. I think I did badly. I fumbled quite a bit. I just could not concentrate properly. I basically tried my best to compose myself and answered the questions accordingly.

I was unable to sleep the whole night (do not know why) and was awake since 5am. Anyway, thanks be to God for pulling me through the two-hour session.

This morning is the 'O' Level Chinese examination, I hope my God-sis and everyone else were able to handle the paper.

I went to Peninsula Shopping Centre to have a sister-in-Christ's Asics shoes changed because the initial pair was too small for her when she tried them yesterday in church. I am very grateful to mum's ex-client who is always so accommodating. He ran out of the size that my sister-in-Christ wants but he managed to ask another shop for it. This is the second time he has done this. He could have simply taken the easy route and said he could not help it since the sizes ran out. He did not do that. Instead he took the effort to enquire for me and managed to obtain a pair. I praise the Lord for this dear gentleman.

Anyway, before I went to change the shoes, I went to Vivocity for a while to order a big pack of dog-food for Sasha. While I was walking to the MRT station, I met a dear pastor who was once the Pastor-in-Charge of my church. He is one of a few who have made a great impact in my life especially in my growing-up years.

After we shook hands, he asked me whether I was okay. I was quite surprised when I heard that question. He said I looked weary. It is his off-day today and he might have some plans made but he chose to spend some time with me over a cup of coffee at the food court. We fellowshipped for about 30 minutes.

The time spent together, though short, made me feel better. Thanks be to God for sending this dear servant of His to comfort and counsel me in my time of need. As I am writing this encounter now, I am truly amazed as in how the both of us did not plan for this to happen but when it did, there was edification.

A dear friend called to ask whether some of her notes we used for the workshop on Saturday are with me. As I was not sure, I told her I would revert when I reach home. When I was in the train, I prayed about this. Well, I managed to find them - they were mixed up with my pile of notes. I just notified her about it. Praise God!

"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing." 1 Thessalonians 5:11

No comments: