Monday, May 21, 2007

God Will Carry Me Through

I woke up this morning with a heavy heart. There are just so many things that I need to deal with today - I had to bring mum for a full-body check-up to ensure that everything is okay after her fall yesterday; I had to deal with my notebook problems; I had to curb the pain in my tummy which I hope the new ulcer found a couple of weeks ago is not acting up.

I felt so overwhelmed by all the above-mentioned that I needed to go to the park where it was quiet to surrender my troubles and burdens to Him.

I felt better after that as I was reminded that I was not the only one dealing with the struggles but God was and is still by my side to help me. He is truly omnipresent.

I brought mum to the hospital where they did some x-rays and scans to ensure that her bones are okay. Praise the Lord none was broken during the fall. She has urine infection which probably is the cause of her lethargy and discomfort. The rest of the results, like blood and stool tests, will only be out next week. I hope everything will be fine. She seems to have lost weight but it may be just me being too uptight.

As for my notebook, the past two days I have been clueless as to why certain softwares did not work even after re-installing them. This morning after I prayed and when I was waiting for mum at the clinic, it dawned upon me that maybe I had missed out on some steps. In my mind, I knew what those steps were and I quickly jotted them down in my PDA.

When I came home from the hospital and after cooking lunch for mum and grandma (Sigh. We are still not on talking terms though I did take the initiative to greet her and all), I went to follow the other steps that I might have missed out. Truly the Spirit was there to guide me and guess what? The notebook is working perfectly well now. I still have a few softwares and configurations to deal with but that can wait till another day.

I took some medication for my tummy and now it is much better. I hope the Lord will take care of the ulcer for me and that it will not be aggravated in any way.

Despite of the many issues I had to deal with today, there was something good that came along in the afternoon. Regarding the scholarship that I was recommended, I had passed the first round of interview. I have to go for the second one next Monday. I am not too anxious about this as I will take the outcome, no matter what it may be, as a blessing and experience for me. I have decided not to place any expectations on this as I find them pointless to let these worry me unnecessarily.

Well, it has been an eventful day. What I thought would be a long and dreadful day ahead when I opened my eyes this moring has now come to pass. It was not that bad afterall and I have the Lord to thank for.

Truly He has made all things possible. A phrase that I thought of - "Problems coupled with prayer allow my eyes to be focused on God and not the struggles."

Thanks be to God!

"Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter, you will restore my life again; from the depths of the earth you will again bring me up." Psalm 71:20

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows." 2 Corinthians 1:3-5

No comments: