Monday, May 14, 2007

Just One Of Those Days

I woke up this morning, not feeling right. I also do not know how else to explain it. It is the no-mood-to-do-anything kind of state. Perhaps it is the Monday blues. But then I should not be feeling this way as I do not have to work today.

I made a conscious effort not to show too much of this lethargic feeling as I was meeting my dear friend and another sister-in-Christ in the morning to do some stuff for them. I hope they are pleased with my work. I hope I did what they requested for.

Anyway, I was just wondering - when I am in the above kind of mood, should I show it when I am in the company of my friends or just hide it? I struggle with this sometimes because I do not want to let what I am going through at a given time to affect others. Just as much as it is okay to show it, if I could control that mood, I think I would rather let it stay within me.

I just came back from church not too long ago. I initially planned to do some lesson preparations for the Youth Ministry (YM) session this Sunday. I also needed to meet my friend to discuss about a training session that we will be conducting for the facilitators prior to a youth event on 2 June.

I managed to read the materials for the YM lesson and some thoughts were running, and they still are, in my mind as to what I should do.

My friend informed me that she did not have the time to meet me to discuss about the training as she needed to go out and make payment for the early-bird registrations of the above event.

Since I was unable to think of anything for this Sunday's lesson, I decided to go home. Then I met the same friend when she was driving out of the church in her colleague's car. They offered to give me a ride home but I declined as it was not on the way. I also did not want to hold them and their plans up.

A while later she messaged me to apologise for the last-minute change of plan. I told her it was okay. The only fear I had was that she might misunderstand that I was angry, which I was not.

Anyway, I share all these because I am afraid I might have caused a misunderstanding here. I hope to prevent misunderstandings as much as I can. Already I have one major conflict with a dear sibling and I do not want to unnecessarily cause another. I also realised that tensions usually happen with the people I am closed with so I have to be careful.

The above-mentioned sounds a little too paranoid. Maybe I am lately but however I can, I shall take precautionary measures to not let anything trivial escalates to something I cannot control. It is a sad, tiring and painful process.

I guess I will end here. Just one of those days for me.

No comments: