Saturday, May 26, 2007

Finding Strength In Weakness

I am now in the church office, preparing to meet a dear friend to do some final preparations for the workshop we are conducting later for the facilitators. Yesterday we also met up but did not complete our discussion as we were spending some time with two girls from the Girls' Brigade.

When I reached home last night from church, I was too tired that I went to sleep after washing up and messaging my friend to let her know that I am actually quite nervous about today. I guess this week I have been so swarmed with mum's health that I simply had no time to think about what I should say and do later.

Anyway, when I woke up this morning, she reminded me that we are doing God's will. He will surely see us through and help us do well, not for our glory but His. That was great comfort to me and I guess I will have to let God use me accordingly and let the Holy Spirit speak through me.

Yesterday I also had to play the drums for the band. We were rehearsing for tomorrow 11:15am service. I was not really in tune with the Spirit and the team members as I was simply distracted. I tried my best to keep pace and thank God all went pretty well. I know I will be able to focus better tomorrow and I am actually looking forward to serving God and His people.

Well, I shall end here for now. My friend should be coming soon. I guess I will write again later in the evening. May the Lord lead and guide me in all I do today.

"... "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 10That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

No comments: