Saturday, May 19, 2007

Put In A Difficult Spot

I am now in the process of downloading all the softwares into the new hard-disk of my notebook. I am glad so far everything is going well. This morning when I went to buy the hard-disk, I prayed and asked the Lord to give me a good deal for it. After walking around, I purchased the disk from one of the shops that I usually patronised and am very pleased with the price.

I hope I will be able to get everything settled by tonight but if it is impossible, then I will carry on tomorrow. I would like to have an early night because tomorrow I will be teaching at the Youth Ministry and I need all the energy to do so.

Yesterday I promised to share a confession and I will do so now.

This week I struggled to do something which I felt I should not have done but in the end, I gave in. Since last week my brother was in China on a business trip. My brother is a non-Christian and he buys 4D every weekend and Wednesday. As he was away and mum was down with flu, I was asked to buy for him instead. Dad does not bet so he was out of the option.

I was in a fix as I really did not want to do the betting for him. I struggled but in the end, I decided to do so for him out of my obligation as a brother.

When I was walking towards the betting station, I felt really awkward as I feared other members from my church might bum into me. Though my conscience was clear that it was for my brother, I also did not want to create any misunderstanding or stumble any of them especially those who are younger in the faith.

Anyway, I was hoping there was no queue but a queue there was. It was quite a funny sight as I kept lowering my head, trying to use my cap to hide my face, just in case. I was glad my turn came. I quickly made the bet and left.

The above-mentioned sounded as if I detest the betting of 4D. Frankly I do not. I chose not to do it as I do not wish to be a stumbling block to others.

Initially I hesitated in writing this as I do not know how others would react but I decided to go ahead as this is part and parcel of life where sometimes we may be placed in a spot.

Well, will I do it again? Nope. Unless if it is really of no choice.

So much for that. I am not feeling too cheery today but I thank God for pulling me through. I am just trying to understand people's behaviour and why sometimes they behave in a certain manner especially when it is kind of negative. It affects me because I wonder whether I have offended them or not.

Anyway, I have prayed about the above struggle and I left it to the Lord to help me understand. It is very draining emotionally but I guess I will have to go through this to understand my friends better.

"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. Do not cause anyone to stumble, whether Jews, Greeks or the church of God — even as I try to please everybody in every way. For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many, so that they may be saved." 1 Corinthians 10:31-33

“But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness.” James 3:17-18

No comments: