Friday, May 11, 2007

The Lord Heals

I have not been able to update my blog yesterday because when I came home from a course, I was so sick that I slept from around 7pm to this morning. I did not even have the chance to consume my medication and dinner. That was how bad I felt.

I praise the Lord for making me almost well when I woke up. Though my throat was a bit irritating and my flu still there, I definitely felt better compared to yesterday.

The course that my dear friend and I attended was okay. It was about setting up small groups in a Youth Ministry (YM) and also being a mentor to the younger ones. Though I was feeling really weak the whole of yesterday, I am thankful that God allowed me to press on and learn certain precious lessons.

This course was also a prelude to a major event to be held on 2 June 2007 where youths are encouraged to attend. Hopefully through this event, they would be challenged to form small groups and from there, account their lives to one another.

My friend and I are supposed to train some facilitators prior to this event and it is our prayer that the Lord will use us accordingly and impart the lessons accurately.

After the course ended in noon, my friend and I went for lunch and we headed back to church after that.

I continued with my lesson preparations for this Sunday's YM session. I am more or less done with the planning but I still do not have peace in my heart. My fear is that the lesson will create more doubts than affirmation in the faith of the youths.

Anyway, at the end of my preparation, I just went to the Fire Escape Stairways and spent some time in prayer. I asked the Lord to bring about a clear understanding of the lesson with the help of the Holy Spirit. That gave me some peace as it reminded me I can only prepare that much. The rest is up to the Spirit to convict and minister.

So much for that. Today I kind of struggled having to deal with something which sometimes makes me feel discouraged and also guilty about. Ever had this experience where you cannot accept a person (be it the inner or outer aspects) and when he (using this as a generic term) is in your presence, you put up a front and hence disallow the person to come into your life?

It is a sad thing that I sometimes commit or even experienced myself from the way other friends treated me. By behaving in this manner, it basically stops the person from knowing you better or develop the friendship deeper. It also kind of puts the person down especially if he knows that it could be due to his characteristic or physical imperfections that this is happening.

I am working real hard to stop this in my life as I feel it is not edifying. It is my prayer that the Lord will help me be more sensitive to others. It is tough but it is something that I pray I will be able to overcome and learn. I definitely need the Lord to help me in this!

Well, anyway, thanks be to God for this day and for healing me. I have many other things to share but not now. Perhaps tomorrow when I write again. :)

"Teach me, O LORD, to follow your decrees; then I will keep them to the end. Give me understanding, and I will keep your law and obey it with all my heart. Direct me in the path of your commands, for there I find delight." Psalm 119:33-35

"Accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you, in order to bring praise to God." Romans 15:7

"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing." 1 Thessalonians 5:11

No comments: