Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Life Is Fleeting; Start Living

I mentioned in one of my previous blogs that life is so fleeting when two National Servicemen died when a plane crashed into the building they were in.

I was just watching the news on the television and today in two separate incidents, two Singaporeans were killed by falling trees - one, a middle-age mother, in Bukit Batok Nature Reserve and the other, a Singaporean teacher-in-training, in Mount Ophir, Malaysia.

The news showed one of the victims' son looking for her in the park when the police asked him to identify a body. When he saw it as his mum's, he broke down. It was painful to see him crying. Two days ago, he celebrated Mother's Day with his mum and now she is gone. :(

I came back at around 8:30pm. I went to a couple of places to run some errands and also to a hair salon in Toa Payoh to collect a bottle of shampoo and a tube of conditioner for my dear friend. I had to do so personally as I know a hairstylist working in the salon.

I bought some groceries and toiletries before heading home.

I am actually very tired now as it has been a long day. I went for my driving lesson in the early morning. I think if all go well, I should be able to book my driving test by next week. I never knew I would come so far in my pursuit to obtain that plastic card after seven years of break since my last test. Got a few people to thank for in encouraging me on. Thanks be to God for them.

Anyway, I went to church after that. I was hoping to do the Youth Ministry (YM) lesson preparation but was not able to as I had a couple of others things to deal with. One was to meet my Senior Pastor and a Mission Committee member; then I had to meet the Lay Ministry Staff overseeing the Missions Ministry; then I had to go for lunch with the office staff (had a good meal and fellowship with them); after lunch I had to meet my dear friend to discuss about the facilitators' training session.

By the time all these were done, it was already almost 5pm. I was also very drained by then.

I am quite disappointed with myself today - I told myself not to do some stuff and yet I still did them; then those stuff that I was to do, I did not. I hope I did not affect any one in any way.

Well, so much for the vague-ness. I think I shall stop here. I have an important meeting tomorrow. I hope the Lord will lead and guide me accordingly.

"O LORD, what is man that you care for him, the son of man that you think of him? Man is like a breath; his days are like a fleeting shadow." Psalm 144:3-4

"Show me, O LORD, my life's end and the number of my days; let me know how fleeting is my life. You have made my days a mere handbreadth; the span of my years is as nothing before you. Each man's life is but a breath." Psalm 39:45

No comments: