Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Trusting God In Difficult Times

This morning I got news from a brother-in-Christ that his sister-in-law, Grace, who had Pulmonary Embolism while travelling to Los Angeles, had a flatliner for 8 minutes when the doctor operated on her, in an attempt to remove the blood clot.

The doctors managed to revive her but her condition has taken a turn for the worse. During the surgery, it was also found out that her lungs are badly damaged. The only hope for Grace is basically a heart and lung transplant which is not easily available due to the complex conditions involved.

My heart also went out to Grace's husband who is very distraught from this unexpected situation. My brother-in-Christ and his wife are trying to provide support to him as much as possible.

Throughout the whole day my mind was on Grace and her husband. I do not know them but I just could not help it but to keep praying for them. I also interceded for my brother-in-Christ and his wife. I pray the Lord will be there for them and give them discernment and wisdom as to certain decisions they may have to make soon.

I really do not know what God's plan is for the above-mentioned. Sometimes it is exactly in situations like this that one wonders why it had to happen. I hope the Lord will show every one involved in this directly (Grace's family) and indirectly (those interceding for them) His purpose.

I find it hard to write the other activities I had for the day because of the above incident. Today is actually a busy day for me. In the morning I had to go to a sister-in-Christ's house for a Chinese New Year (CNY) visitation. On my way, I decided to buy the 'Yu Sheng' (a CNY dish consisting of salmon fish slices with different sorts of vegetables and condiments). There were a couple other church friends at her place and together we had fun mixing all the ingredients together and eating the delicious dish.

I had to rush next to Legends Country Club to meet the running gang for our annual CNY get-together. We had 'dim sum' and the 'Yu Sheng.' I always enjoy the fellowship with my brothers and sisters-in-Christ as we feasted together as one big God's family.

By the time I reached home, it was already evening. I brought my doggy, Sasha, out for a walk. As I strolled around my estate, I used the time to pray for a few people. My heart was very heavy as I interceded for them but I was also assured that they are safe in the arms of God. Whatever I cannot do for these my friends (because of my limited human ability and shortcomings), I trust the Lord, in His surpassing power, to help them.

I just realised I have hit my 100th article of this blog I started on 12 November last year. Thanks be to God for allowing me to share so many of His goodness in spite of the struggles and trials I have to go through.

It is tough to travel this pilgrim's journey. Having the assurance though that I have God by my side, I know I will be able to complete them when my time here on earth is up. It has been a great adventure so far - I pray the Lord will help me look forward to the many more mountains, plateaus and valleys ahead of me.

"Give ear to my words, O LORD, consider my sighing. Listen to my cry for help, my King and my God, for to you I pray. In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation." Psalm 5:1-3

"But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you. For surely, O LORD, you bless the righteous; you surround them with your favor as with a shield." Psalm 5:11-12

No comments: