Monday, February 26, 2007

Keep On Praying

I just saw my God-Parents off at the airport. They came and left so fast. I did not really have the opportunity to spend as much time with them as I would like to. But I still want to praise God for the moments spent together especially with my God-Ma.

She has been a real blessing to me and I praise the Lord for that. It is amazing to know a God-fearing and humble person like her. Her self-less giving has also been a great testimony to me and many! Praise the Lord for her!

Well, I hope they will come back again soon and hopefully there will be more opportunities to catch up and bond with them.

Before I left for the airport, a dear friend of mine along with her mum and sisters came by to meet Sasha as they are considering buying a dog for my friend's grandma. I met all of them at the void-deck. I felt very bad for not inviting them to my flat.

I filled them in on all the information needed about owning a dog. I hope it did help in their decision-making.

Just now I was teaching my doggy some simple commands and she listened and obeyed them. I asked her to sit and she sat; I asked her to stay and she obediently listened. I hope to teach her more in time to come.

Anyway, the main thing I want to share today is the worship-leading session at yesterday's 11:15am service. God is good once again. He never fails to amaze me.

I was spending some time in the church office praying and gathering my thoughts for the session. Then a brother came in and asked what I was doing. I shared about how ill-prepared and anxious I was.

Without a moment of hesitation, he sat down in front of me, held my hands and prayed for me and against any works of the evil one. I felt very much at peace after that. The best part was the sermon yesterday was focused on praying in the spirit.

I do not know about the rest but I felt the presence of the Lord in the midst of the congregation. While we were singing the closing song, "Keep On Praying", I cried as my heart went out to the church (that the people will not be contented with the state they are in now but to yearn for more in their knowledge of God) and also to someone I love dearly (who is struggling with her faith at this time).

The preacher shared that when one does not know how else to pray for a situation or person, the Spirit will intercede on our behalf and the prayers will surely be answered.

I do not know whether I heard this phrase right from the preacher. He said, "Prayer is a human effort in which the Holy Spirit will turn it into a divine purpose." I hope I heard it correctly. I shall verify and should there be any mistake made I will amend them accordingly.

As I am typing this very sentence my eyes are already struggling to stay opened. I think I shall end here and share more later.

I just want to conclude that God is a Person who listens to us all and I will take comfort in that as I continue in my pilgrim's journey.

I will share more of the sermon in my next blog.

"Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7

No comments: